Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hers and His

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Have you sorted the protocol for access to the plug?

Adding a NEMA 14-50 outlet for an UMC to one parking stall in case we both need to charge. We already have a HPWC and an electrician is installing our home 20kWh natural gas backup Briggs and Stratton generator this week, so an extra spot in the main panel and to the backup panel is not going to be too much work considering the generator is behind the garage and the main panel is in the garage too.

Last edited:
Looks like snow in the forecast in the near future. Gonna make an appointment to see if any Nokian R2's or Michelin XIce3's in stock at Discount Tire or possibly at Kal Tire. Got a Tesla pin, pen, umbrella, and coffee cup for delivery swag. They ran out of leather keyfob holders and they are out of ChaDemo adapters right now at the SC. Just feels nice to go all-electric and my 6-year old son saying electric cars are clean and so are skytrains. Gotta teach them young.

Looks like snow in the forecast in the near future. Gonna make an appointment to see if any Nokian R2's or Michelin XIce3's in stock at Discount Tire or possibly at Kal Tire. [...]
Blue & Red - looks great!

fyi if you're buying Nokian R2s, there's a couple different mail-in rebate offers going on right now valid for those tires. But one of the offers ($70) expires on Dec 15th. There's a separate offer for some deals at Silver Star but I think that offer's good 'til end of the month. If interested you can get the rebate form via a link at the top of the Kal Tire website. The offers seem to be directly from Nokian Canada so it doesn't look like you'd have to buy them from Kal Tire to qualify, though not sure if a US vendor would be ok.

Blue & Red - looks great!

fyi if you're buying Nokian R2s, there's a couple different mail-in rebate offers going on right now valid for those tires. But one of the offers ($70) expires on Dec 15th. There's a separate offer for some deals at Silver Star but I think that offer's good 'til end of the month. If interested you can get the rebate form via a link at the top of the Kal Tire website. The offers seem to be directly from Nokian Canada so it doesn't look like you'd have to buy them from Kal Tire to qualify, though not sure if a US vendor would be ok.

Thanks for the info...still contemplating on driving down to the Bellingham Discount Tire to have the tires swapped there so I get free lifetime tire rotations. This way I will keep my Avant Garde wheels I ordered and will be ready in 4-5 weeks and keep then in Bellingham at my friend's place. How are you liking your new 70D?

I applied the CF spoiler today and made an appointment to get the windows tinted and 3M Clearbra protected. Also got my backup home generator delivered and the transfer switch and panel will be going above the HPWC and I asked the electrician to add a NEMA 14-50 plug under the panel to charge both cars at the same time. Hope everyone here has power tonight since there are high wind warnings and up to 30000 without power tonight on the Island and Lower Mainland tonight.

Also found two more Hot Wheels MS at the Walmart today...there are 4 Walmarts within 5-20 minutes from my home...gonna check out the 3rd one later this week for stocking stuffers.

image_8.jpe

image_9.jpe

image_10.jpe

Last edited:
Nice setup and cars! I like how you got the car without the jump seats (I'm not a fan of being the kid-taxi in my home). I think there will be more and more homes with two EVs soon. If they were a little more affordable it would be a no-brainer. Biggest market initially for the Model 3 will be existing Tesla owners adding on and replacing ICE vehicles IMO.

I hope to be a two Tesla family at some time in the future. I have placed my HPWC in the center of the garage, between the two doors, so it could easily reach a Tesla in either stall. It will require a bit of coordination on nights when both vehicles have to be charged.

I hope to be a two Tesla family at some time in the future. I have placed my HPWC in the center of the garage, between the two doors, so it could easily reach a Tesla in either stall. It will require a bit of coordination on nights when both vehicles have to be charged.

Ditto on the two Tesla family plan. My wife says she wants a red Model 3 to go with our blue Model S. The charger for the MS is on the outside wall, so when the M3 arrives, we'll have to have another 14-50 outlet installed on the other side.

IMG_20151207_165753.jpg

Saw this at my local ToysRUs

View attachment 103682
Saw this at my local ToysRUs

That's a nice score on a Roadster. I did find 2 more silver MS Hot Wheels and will look out for the Roadster next time.

Decided to go with Kal Tire for the winter tires with the dropping Cdn $ instead of Discount Tire. Out of stock on the Nokian R2's for the next 8 weeks so I will try the WRG3's this time around.