Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HID Headlights - Single Failed DRL Cell - Warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

I have a 2015 MS 85D with HID headlights with DRL strips. A single cell/bulb in the DRLs has failed. My searching on the forums shows issues with LED DRLs, but not the HIDs...

1) Is the single failure replaceable, or does it have to be an entire headlight unit swap out?
2) Under normal circumstances, has this fallen under Telsa limited warranty coverage?
3) My case is not normal circumstances - my current headlights are refurbs installed after approval by a third party insurance company (over my objections) after a collision.

If a single cell is replaceable and costs are minimal (ha, when are they ever on a Tesla), I won't worry about it.

If an entire swap out is required...not sure what warranty paperwork I should be pursuing. My vehicles limited warranty (I'm still in my 4 yr coverage window), the repair center that ordered the part and installed, the company that sold the refurb part, or the insurance company that modified the quote from using new OEM to using refurbs to save $150.

Thoughts, anyone? Thanks.

If you're n the bumper to bumper warranty, theyre a warranted part. If they aren't because of insurance, take it up with the insurer who should cover your loss of warranty under their insistence.

Finally had my mobile service appointment yesterday, about 7 weeks since originally scheduling (part not delivered in time, then wrong part delivered, then travel interference with scheduled appt...). No issues with the swap of the HID.