Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High in the Rockies (Cottonwood's Story)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I had my first Model S meeting yesterday. SteveZZZZ and I are both pilots, so we met at the airport and took a flight in my vintage, Bell 47, helicopter; yes its the MASH 'copter. It was pretty strange to look in my rearview mirror on the way to the airport and see a near clone of my car behind me. Steve has the same signature red as me. Steve is a professional photographer and he composed a great picture of the helicopter and the two Teslas before the sun went away. I took a quick snapshot with my iPhone while he was shooting with his pro SLR. Here is the snapshot. I hope that SteveZZZZ will post one of his shots as well.

Heli Pic-med.jpg

A little OT but - do you fly RC helis at all? I have a Logo 500se(Mikado) I wanted to find a good home for it since I don't really have a place or time to play with it. It has ~ 1.3m bladespan (~$1200 no Tx)

Nope, no experience with RC 'copters, only full size. My 47 rotors are 11 m in diameter and turn at about 355 RPM.

The 47 is at the other end of the carbon footprint spectrum from the Model S, getting about 4 mpg, but a lot of fun anyway.

Nope, no experience with RC 'copters, only full size. My 47 rotors are 11 m in diameter and turn at about 355 RPM.
The 47 is at the other end of the carbon footprint spectrum from the Model S, getting about 4 mpg, but a lot of fun anyway.
They definitely use a lot of power to stay in the air.
The logo is electric and has a hs of about 2000rpm max and +- 12 degrees pitch with a 3d gyro for the flybarless head

helis are pretty neat inventions! ( I have never even flown in one