Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High quality painting - yes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just came across a couple of videos where a professional car treatment shop have been doing some nice jobs on a Model S.

As a professional witch daily working with car and especially the after touch of paint he is highly impressed by the quality of the factory paint job.
This is of Couse good news, and assures us that the paint quality is superior

here is a blue:
Tesla Model S Paint Correction by Elite Finish Detailing in San Diego CA - YouTube

and a gray:
My Favorite Tesla Model S Color Combo - Elite Finish Detailing - YouTube

Not only does the paint look very nice, this is the only car I have ever purchased that has ZERO paint defects. I have always run across a small defect somewhere on the body. After all, it is a billion square feet of surface area and one has to expect something. My Tesla has no such defects. There are a few minor fit issues (nothing worse than on other cars) but no paint flaws. I have some white scuffs on the edges of the black plastic nose. I can't tell if it is due to polishing the paint or if they are just marks in the plastic. A little masking tape to protect the surrounding paint and some black marker touch up and things are perfect now. Right now, the car is waxed up to the point where if you try to lean on the hood, you will slide off and hit the ground. Now that is what I call slick!

Mine came with tons of defects, mainly from the person who did the final detail. The clear coat from my experience is soft. The car without protection will swirl easily. Soft clears are a joy to work with from a detailers point of view, since it will "correct" (level out the clear and scratches) easily. Just like trying to sand out scratches in a piece of southern yellow pine is a lot easier than on a piece of hard maple.

However, once the car is polished up and the paint corrected, it does indeed look outstanding and shiney.

That is great to hear Shokunin, my car also came with tons of towel scratches, and I am still working with Tesla to ge it corrected, either locally or flat bedded back to the Philly service center. Once it is cleaned up, I will be putting OptiGuard, cQuartz Finest or Glare Pro on it for protection.