Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland - EDD and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today mine now shifted to February -March 2024.... So seems to me they have produced 0 cars with tow hooks... Great...
Mine did the same just now as well. When I previously checked 2 hours ago it still had the November - December EDD.
Maybe the Performance version will be released by then.

Order Date: September 1st
Specs: M3 Long Range / Ultra Red / Black interior / 18'' Photon rims / Studded winter package / Tow hitch
VIN: No VIN yet
EDD: February 2024 - Mars 2024

Last edited:
Ouch. I'm still locked in for 4th-19th Nov, invoice saying 10th. I kind of feared this was the case after reading what people here said, I suspect they only produced enough tow hooks to go to the first deliveries in Central/Southern Europe, then kind of forgot to produce enough for Northern Europe. As far as I know it's an "entirely" different chassis too, so can't get it mounted after receiving the car :(
Almost feels to me like they are having issues with the tow hook models... Maybe discovered some problem or experiencing issues with the build process on those, as even orders done on the same day as the refresh was announced is seeing the same delays... Extremely frustrating, this has ruined my day now.

I do have to reconsider without, but it will be very inconvenient without. So nice to just be able to throw on a towhook it I go to Ikea or something else, not having to borrow someone else's car ect... Also will be harder to sell in the future...

Reactions: x006
Ouch. I'm still locked in for 4th-19th Nov, invoice saying 10th. I kind of feared this was the case after reading what people here said, I suspect they only produced enough tow hooks to go to the first deliveries in Central/Southern Europe, then kind of forgot to produce enough for Northern Europe. As far as I know it's an "entirely" different chassis too, so can't get it mounted after receiving the car :(
For your info, according to Tesla, different from the 'old' M3, a tow bar can be mounted after receiving the car. The Highland registration certificate already shows towing capacity so no limitations shall apply.

For your info, according to Tesla, different from the 'old' M3, a tow bar can be mounted after receiving the car. The Highland registration certificate already shows towing capacity so no limitations shall apply.
then why can't they just deliver without and then mount afterwards? If they are out of stock of the actual towing mounts that's fine. I can wait months for that and reschedule mounting, but I assume for higher price.

Order placed : September 6th
Model : M3 LR White exterior, black interior, 19" wheels , 18" Photon winter package & tow hitch
VIN : None
EDD : November 19th - December 26th
I'll join the Feb-Mar club :p

Didn't expect this to happen since my est. delivery dates moved from 17 nov - 31 jan to 19 nov - 26 dec some weeks ago.
I guess anything is still possible, but chances for 2023 delivery is getting less likely.

Strange, they told me otherwise on a chat... Maybe not everyone has caught on yet. :D
I just got written confirmation from Tesla sales representative that it is possible, but they currently don't know the price or availability yet.

So I just changed my order and now I have delivery estimate next month and got VIN assigned 😀. I can just add the tow hook sometime next year, even it if will cost more.

Also I have it written giving me full rights to full refund, if they suddenly claim it's not possible in the future.

I also had an EDD update, new EDD is 19 Nov - 26 Dec
Still no VIN.
UPDATE - My EDD changed a few days ago by removing the actual dates and instead just said " Nov - Dec "

It has changed yet again today and instead says " 2 - 6 weeks "

Hopefully this means that VIN's from the Neptune Barcelona and RCC Antwerp will be assigned within the next 7 days.

It also shows the same estimate on new orders
Yeah, just checked that myself. Funny, how they shift orders back then suddenly they can deliver fast. Id say it also confirms that all cars can be fitted with tow-hitch then. As I assume its just to add the hitch itself. I suspect maybe they got feedback of long delivery time or something, on the actual steel tow bars. Oh well. As long as I can add it to mine in the future, im sticking with my current order :D

Yeah, just checked that myself. Funny, how they shift orders back then suddenly they can deliver fast. Id say it also confirms that all cars can be fitted with tow-hitch then. As I assume its just to add the hitch itself. I suspect maybe they got feedback of long delivery time or something, on the actual steel tow bars. Oh well. As long as I can add it to mine in the future, im sticking with my current order :D
I guess there are a lot of them coming to Europe without an owner. I can't understand why it would say 2-6 weeks if not. But they are certainly playing with my emotions, doing this stunt. Yesterday, I cried because of up to 3-5 months wait time, now it's 2-6 weeks. It would be a lot easier if they didn't show anything until a VIN showed up.

I guess there are a lot of them coming to Europe without an owner. I can't understand why it would say 2-6 weeks if not. But they are certainly playing with my emotions, doing this stunt. Yesterday, I cried because of up to 3-5 months wait time, now it's 2-6 weeks. It would be a lot easier if they didn't show anything until a VIN showed up.
I agree. Really weird shifting of dates here. They should already know how many orders have been placed etc. I would assume delivery dates are set based on this, especially on new orders.

Was in a very bad mood yesterday, but got better as I got my order changed (due to confirmation of retrofit possible). Oh well. Atleast I do have a VIN, and I'm not taking a chance on changing back again :p

I just got written confirmation from Tesla sales representative that it is possible, but they currently don't know the price or availability yet.

So I just changed my order and now I have delivery estimate next month and got VIN assigned 😀. I can just add the tow hook sometime next year, even it if will cost more.

Also I have it written giving me full rights to full refund, if they suddenly claim it's not possible in the future.
Good to know for me in the future too, at least then I can reconsider later. :D Thank you!

I got an EDD of October-November first, then after three days it said Nov 22nd to February 5th, yesterday changed to January - February and now 3 - 6 weeks.. maybe I should just stop checking until I receive the sms to schedule delivery 😂 Still no VIN though, neither in app or source code.

Order placed on 4th of September
SR Stealth Grey exterior, black interior, standard wheels
VIN assigned on the 1st October
Delivery Appointment (made 5th October): 25th October

Received my Model 3 license plate details today. Although no tow bar fitted, the certificate shows the same allowable towing masses when compared to a car with a tow bar installed. This is different from the ‘old’ Model 3 where the certificate of a car with no tow bar installed would not allow any towing. Retro-fit installation is possible without any limitations on towing.