Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland - EDD and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order placed : 17th of July through leasing company - received upgrade email on the 1st of September
Model : M3 SR, blue exterior, black interior, standard wheels
VIN : Still none??
EDD : October 29th - December 5th

I do have a RN-number in the app, but the image in the app still shows the old M3 for some reason. I see all these VIN's getting assigned but I still see no VIN in the app or by using the API.
I have ordered the original M3 through my companies leasing portal and got an order confirmation on the 17th of July. Then it got delayed because of project highland. I've received an email from Tesla that they would update my order to the new M3 on the 1st of September, but have not heard anything since.
Does anyone have experience with ordering a Tesla through a leasing company and how you are updated on receiving a VIN or delivery date? I might give both Tesla and my leasing company a call tomorrow, because my hopes of receiving my M3 this year are dropping since the boats are getting closer and closer to Europe but I still did not receive a VIN.

Order placed : 17th of July through leasing company - received upgrade email on the 1st of September

I do have a RN-number in the app, but the image in the app still shows the old M3 for some reason. I see all these VIN's getting assigned but I still see no VIN in the app or by using the API.
I have ordered the original M3 through my companies leasing portal and got an order confirmation on the 17th of July. Then it got delayed because of project highland. I've received an email from Tesla that they would update my order to the new M3 on the 1st of September, but have not heard anything since.
Does anyone have experience with ordering a Tesla through a leasing company and how you are updated on receiving a VIN or delivery date? I might give both Tesla and my leasing company a call tomorrow, because my hopes of receiving my M3 this year are dropping since the boats are getting closer and closer to Europe but I still did not receive a VIN.
I have the same experience in Greece. Ordered July 4th. I still see the old M3 in the app with the RN but no VIN. I received the Tesla upgrade email as well. My EDD updated yesterday (Nov 9th to Dec 2nd) when Asian Captain reached Suez (coincidence??). I called my leasing company today and they told me that I'm probably getting the old model 3. They knew nothing about the fact that are no old M3 are shipping to Greece anymore!
My TA insists that no M3 Highlands are coming to Greece before March 24...
I concluded that nobody really knows anything or the arrival of the Highland version is a top secret!

I have the same experience in Greece. Ordered July 4th. I still see the old M3 in the app with the RN but no VIN. I received the Tesla upgrade email as well. My EDD updated yesterday (Nov 9th to Dec 2nd) when Asian Captain reached Suez (coincidence??). I called my leasing company today and they told me that I'm probably getting the old model 3. They knew nothing about the fact that are no old M3 are shipping to Greece anymore!
I concluded that nobody really knows anything or the arrival of the Highland version is a top secret!
Ow wow. I really hope that will not be the case... I know for sure that the new M3 will come to The Netherlands looking at different posts on this forum. I think I saw a couple of Greek orders too right?

Order placed: September 11th
Model: M3 LR Ultra Red / Black Interior / 19" Sport Wheels /Advanced Auto Pilot
VIN: Not Assigned
EDD: October 24th - December 18th

Ow wow. I really hope that will not be the case... I know for sure that the new M3 will come to The Netherlands looking at different posts on this forum. I think I saw a couple of Greek orders too right?

It is me and GreekNavy. We have almost identical EDDs but different versions of M3!
I hope I'm getting the Highland version and the picture is just a bug related to the order date.

When I ordered it at 11th of September, TA told me that I would received propably January to February at most and December at least, even that my ETA is 24th October to 18th December.
But I heard from someone that asked the TA before one week, that we will get the cars before 2024.
I hope that it will be true. The strange thing, that can't get it, is where the cars, that delivered from Asian Captain to Izmir will go and if it is possible for a ship deliveres at that place or koper, why in Greece we get our cars from Barcelona????

Reactions: GeorgeM3SR
It seems that a batch of around 380 M3’s are registered by the Dutch RDW at the 12th October. For this particular batch of cars (including mine on Crystal Ray), the license plates numbers run from X-186-DB up to X-569-DB. You may see the specifications of these cars, including towing masses, on OVI: RDW Kentekencheck
An if you're interested which and how much new Model 3's are registered currently (620 at moment of writing) , have a look here (And yes my license plate is amongst these 😃)

It seems that a batch of around 380 M3’s are registered by the Dutch RDW at the 12th October. For this particular batch of cars (including mine on Crystal Ray), the license plates numbers run from X-186-DB up to X-569-DB. You may see the specifications of these cars, including towing masses, on OVI: RDW Kentekencheck
those are all Highlands? how can they register the car without having the car, since it's still and was on the ship on the 12th oct and only being unloaded today?

Those are all Highlands. The cars are 'only' registered in the system, but not bound to an owner yet. The assignment to an owner takes place at the moment of delivery.
Okay, but he's talking about license plates, meaning the car has been registered with his license number, which is not really possible on oct12 or well without having the car physically, I might be wrong tho, I'm not really sure I'm nowhere an expert those are just my logical thoughts, if someone can enlighten me please do

Okay, but he's talking about license plates, meaning the car has been registered with his license number, which is not really possible on oct12 or well without having the car physically, I might be wrong tho, I'm not really sure I'm nowhere an expert those are just my logical thoughts, if someone can enlighten me please do
Here in The Netherlands the license number can already be assigned if a type approval is in place. The car exists and has a VIN, so the license number is assigned to this VIN. Its purely a registration in the systems, nothing physical needed. I'm quite sure the actual plates are created at the latest moment 😄

Here in The Netherlands the license number can already be assigned if a type approval is in place. The car exists and has a VIN, so the license number is assigned to this VIN. Its purely a registration in the systems, nothing physical needed. I'm quite sure the actual plates are created at the latest moment 😄
Alright, I wonder if there is any data accessible in Luxembourg for the same thing, well my edd is 17-31oct so I'm wondering if its already registered haha, not sure you would know

Order placed on the 1st September.
Standard range, stealth grey exterior, black interior, standard wheels, tow hitch(!).
No VIN yet
EDD: 17 November - 31 January
My delivery changed to 2024. Almost cancelled my order. Then suddenly changed yesterday to 2-6 weeks like a lot of other tow hitch people. That's strange. Still no VIN. I wonder if we can count on the 2-6 weeks if there's no VIN, but it would be awesome though!

I've been lurking this place for the shippings for a while, i'm adding my infos too:

Order Date: September 4th
Specs: M3 Long Range / Stealth Grey / Black interior / 18'' wheels
VIN: No VIN yet
EDD: 21 October - 21 November
Update! I changed my mind on the color a couple of days ago and i finally got the VIN today!

Order Date: September 4th (Color Change: October 15th)
Specs: M3 Long Range / Ultra Red / Black interior / 18'' wheels
VIN: October 18th
EDD: November 1st - November 15th

Order placed: September 1st
Model: M3 LR, Ultra red, white interior, standard wheels, tow hitch
EDD: November 4th - December 29th
No VIN

Tesla told me to expect delivery at the end of October, so I'm hoping for Asian Capitain
I've got the VIN today! Also my EDD changed to November 6th - November 20th

Update! The highland upgrade request got stuck somewhere in the process at the leasing company... They fixed it after I called. Got a VIN now and an EDD of October 29th - November 12th. So I guess the car is on Neptune Barcelona or RCC Antwerp? Fun fact, they call it the "Model 3 RWD Premium"