Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland - EDD and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard of people receiving VIN for LR with tow hitch?

Mine is still saying 2-6 weeks, just like any configuration says on the order page on tesla com..
It's been like that for a week now, feels like it's a very optimistic date range from tesla, don't know what to prepare myself for.

Does anyone know when VIN is assigned for EU deliveries? Suez Canal or when loaded on ship in Shanghai? Kind of mixed responses when I search forum.

Ordered 6th of September.

Mine is still saying 2-6 weeks, just like any configuration says on the order page on tesla com..
It's been like that for a week now, feels like it's a very optimistic date range from tesla, don't know what to prepare myself for.

Does anyone know when VIN is assigned for EU deliveries? Suez Canal or when loaded on ship in Shanghai? Kind of mixed responses when I search forum.

As far as I've heard, no one with tow hitch have been assigned VIN.. at least not in Norway. A rumour I've heard (unconfirmed) is that tow hitch cars will be delivered from late December in Norway at least.

Yes I got, my config is LR, Ultra red, white interior 18", tow hitch. And got a VIN last week, already paid final invoice. Czech Republic here.

• Helpful
Reactions: ToTheStars
I removed my towing hitch 12th of October and immediately got a VIN assigned and delivery estimate of 4th-19th of November, app is still reporting that as delivery estimate.
Same for me, been same dates since I changed.

Just talked to Tesla rep who said it looks like the boat will arrive to Norway at the end of October. So I guess next week we can start hoping for delivery date SMSes etc.

Reactions: x006
I will be picking up the Red M3 next week!

Car ordered through work: Tuesday October 2nd
Order through to tesla: Monday 09/10/2023 09:00
Tesla login received with RN Number: 09/10/2023 12:00
VIN Received: 09/10/2023 16:00
EDD: Oct 29 - Nov 12
SMS to make pick up appointment: 23/10/2023
License plate: 25/10/2023
Actual delivery date: November 1st

Reactions: ToTheStars
I will be picking up the Red M3 next week!

Car ordered through work: Tuesday October 2nd
Order through to tesla: Monday 09/10/2023 09:00
Tesla login received with RN Number: 09/10/2023 12:00
VIN Received: 09/10/2023 16:00
EDD: Oct 29 - Nov 12
SMS to make pick up appointment: 23/10/2023
License plate: 25/10/2023
Actual delivery date: November 1st

My EDD is Oct 29 - Nov 12 too, but no SMS yet :( I guess they are not sending out the SMS all at once for the same badges?

Not sure if they sent them in batches or not; seems to be quite random. Do you already have a VIN in your tesla account?
Yes! But I went by my local Tesla Store (Groningen) today and they told me my car is on the Neptune Barcelona which will arrive at Zeebrugge today. It was also already linked to Groningen instead of Tilburg. The car will probably arrive there on Monday 6th of November and I will get the car later that week. Will "test drive" the new M3 later today :) Curious how different it will feel and sound compared to the previous M3

Yes! But I went by my local Tesla Store (Groningen) today and they told me my car is on the Neptune Barcelona which will arrive at Zeebrugge today. It was also already linked to Groningen instead of Tilburg. The car will probably arrive there on Monday 6th of November and I will get the car later that week. Will "test drive" the new M3 later today :) Curious how different it will feel and sound compared to the previous M3
Please give some feedback on how the test drive was. In Norway the demo cars are on the same ship as my car (Seems to be Neptune Barcelona) so they won't arrive untill about the same time as I get mine... Mid November sometime

Please give some feedback on how the test drive was. In Norway the demo cars are on the same ship as my car (Seems to be Neptune Barcelona) so they won't arrive untill about the same time as I get mine... Mid November sometime
It was quite rainy today, but that gave a good impression of how soundproof the car is. At lower speeds you barely hear anything, at higher speeds I could hear the tire on the wet road on the driver side. Almost as if the door was not completely closed since I did not really hear this on the passenger (right) side. But there is definitely less noise than on the previous M3 or any other car I’ve driven. When driving you barely hear cars go by and even the sirens of an ambulance sounds muffled.
The rain did make it clear that the automatic wipers need some updates. I had to manually press the wiper button quite often as the windscreen would get too wet to the point I could barely see anything.

Right when I drove away and wanted go indicate where I was going, I tried to reach for a non-existing stalk. I did thid for the entire drive but is just a force of habit and you will get use to this. When driving at a roundabout with the steering wheel at 90 degrees, I used my other hand to touch the indicator button. Not the safest way for sure but also something you will probably get used to.

Then the interior. The seats are comfortable and soft but sturdy. I did not try the cooling function since it’s pretty cold outside. The interior looks nice and the new interior lights definitely add value. The new steering wheel did feel different than the old one but also a bit nicer.

Overall I was really impressed that the updates actually made a difference and cannot wait to drive more.