Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland - EDD and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was quite rainy today, but that gave a good impression of how soundproof the car is. At lower speeds you barely hear anything, at higher speeds I could hear the tire on the wet road on the driver side. Almost as if the door was not completely closed since I did not really hear this on the passenger (right) side. But there is definitely less noise than on the previous M3 or any other car I’ve driven. When driving you barely hear cars go by and even the sirens of an ambulance sounds muffled.
The rain did make it clear that the automatic wipers need some updates. I had to manually press the wiper button quite often as the windscreen would get too wet to the point I could barely see anything.

Right when I drove away and wanted go indicate where I was going, I tried to reach for a non-existing stalk. I did thid for the entire drive but is just a force of habit and you will get use to this. When driving at a roundabout with the steering wheel at 90 degrees, I used my other hand to touch the indicator button. Not the safest way for sure but also something you will probably get used to.

Then the interior. The seats are comfortable and soft but sturdy. I did not try the cooling function since it’s pretty cold outside. The interior looks nice and the new interior lights definitely add value. The new steering wheel did feel different than the old one but also a bit nicer.

Overall I was really impressed that the updates actually made a difference and cannot wait to drive more.

This is my experience as well when going on a test drive in September. It is night and day compared to the outgoing model.

It was quite rainy today, but that gave a good impression of how soundproof the car is. At lower speeds you barely hear anything, at higher speeds I could hear the tire on the wet road on the driver side. Almost as if the door was not completely closed since I did not really hear this on the passenger (right) side. But there is definitely less noise than on the previous M3 or any other car I’ve driven. When driving you barely hear cars go by and even the sirens of an ambulance sounds muffled.
The rain did make it clear that the automatic wipers need some updates. I had to manually press the wiper button quite often as the windscreen would get too wet to the point I could barely see anything.

Right when I drove away and wanted go indicate where I was going, I tried to reach for a non-existing stalk. I did thid for the entire drive but is just a force of habit and you will get use to this. When driving at a roundabout with the steering wheel at 90 degrees, I used my other hand to touch the indicator button. Not the safest way for sure but also something you will probably get used to.

Then the interior. The seats are comfortable and soft but sturdy. I did not try the cooling function since it’s pretty cold outside. The interior looks nice and the new interior lights definitely add value. The new steering wheel did feel different than the old one but also a bit nicer.

Overall I was really impressed that the updates actually made a difference and cannot wait to drive more.
Sounds amazing. I did go look at one that was in a showroom last week and it looked amazing, felt and looked just much better and what I could test of the soundsystem was amazing, didn't expect it to be so much better. Sadly they where not available for test drive. Can't wait for mine to arrive now. The end of my estimated delivery window (19 Nov) is only 3 weeks away but feels like 3 months 😝

I'm hearing rumours of some Norwegians getting their delivery date scheduled already (arleast one guy in Haugesund so far according to a Model 3 Facebook group), but I've heard nothing yet, but I assume I should get a text next week or the week after that. Would make sense my car then was on NEPTUNE BARCELONA which arrived in Zeebrugge today.

Order placed on 8th July (Sweden), EDD is 6 Oct - 20 Dec, no VIN yet

M3 Long Range, White Interior, Ultra red, 18", Tow hitch
My EDD has also changed to Dec 26-Dec 31. I still can't see a VIN but the text that says I need to wait until a VIN is assigned disappeared. I can't find a hidden VIN in the source code. Do you know what that means?

Got VIN today and EDD 14th - 29th December
That was late considering your order date. May I ask where in Norway? As I ordered 5th of September (with Tow hook) and then changed my order 16.10 (removed Tow hook) and got VIN instantly. Maybe because you ordered Ultra Red, other than that nothing is special about your order. Here's hoping you get it before christmas atleast then.

That was late considering your order date. May I ask where in Norway? As I ordered 5th of September (with Tow hook) and then changed my order 16.10 (removed Tow hook) and got VIN instantly. Maybe because you ordered Ultra Red, other than that nothing is special about your order. Here's hoping you get it before christmas atleast then.

Drammen, I drive past the port every day.

Drammen here also.

Weird that you get so late delivery then. Must perhaps be the color choice (which is very nice, just couldn't convince myself to spend that much extra on just color, then I might as well spend it on wrapping it). Especially since you ordered without towhitch.
After I saw the red one in Lillestrøm I knew that I had to get that colour and it is a nice change from the white one that I have now.

Drammen here also.

Weird that you get so late delivery then. Must perhaps be the color choice (which is very nice, just couldn't convince myself to spend that much extra on just color, then I might as well spend it on wrapping it). Especially since you ordered without towhitch.
RIP me, Stealth Grey SR and tow hitch to Bodø, and no VIN in sight 😅 order date Sep 1st. Quite jealous of the danes 😂