Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HINT: Heavy Snow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turn off automatic doors (or leave the FOB in the house) if you don’t want several inches of snow in your drivers seat...went outside after a 19” night with FOB in my pocket to clear snow...driver’s side door helped...unfortunately...:mad:
Yeah.... one reason I disabled auto doors a while back. That and the possibility of opening into traffic... fun in sunny Cali with no parallel parking, I assume...

I have .52 and the doors function as previously on .42. So it's not the culprit.

Check the settings to be sure auto present is not off. Also, if one used the auto-open function in the last few minutes, the auto present is disabled for a few minutes. There was a software change a year ago that limited the door's opening continuously. So if the door was auto-opened and you walk away in it closes, it will NOT open when you return in a minute or so. Tesla made this change at the behest of owners having the door open ever time they were walking around the X. After a few mins (not sure of the exact timing) the door will return to auto open.

• Informative
Reactions: FarmerDave