Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Historical Tesla Financing Rates in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As part of my research prior to purchasing my first Tesla (a Model S), I've been looking for some historical information on Tesla's Financing Rates in Canada. In order to ensure that I'm getting the best financing rate, I wanted to understand the historical patterns which might help me predict when the company runs rate promotions. Based on the info I have gathered, here's the recent history of Tesla Financing Rates:

Time PeriodFinancing (36 Months)Financing (48 Months)Financing (60 Months)Financing (72 Months)Financing (84 Months)Financing (96 Months)Leasing (36 Months)Leasing (48 Months)
October 1, 2017 - Present1.99%1.99%1.99%1.99%2.24%2.49%6.00%6.00%
April 1, 2017 - Sep 30, 20171.49%1.49%1.49%1.49%1.74%1.99%??
? - March 31, 2017????????

Can anyone fill in any of the gaps or provide info from when they financed their Tesla in Canada and what were the rates you received at that time? While there is some data around from US buyers on the rates they secured, I thought it might be useful to track these rates for Canadian buyers. Our banks are far more stringent on borrowing capacities than those in the US and therefore our rates tend to be different/higher.

If you're able to tell me what rate you got from Tesla's financing parter(s) in Canada over which term and when you got that rate, we can update this table as a reference for future Tesla Buyers who come to this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S. I'm not sure why there is a huge gap/white space showing between my first paragraph and the table. It was't there in the original content I typed. Looks like a rendering problem with the site. I've tried it in two browsers (Safari & Firefox) and it shows the same in both.

I just got a new set of 2018 rates from my Tesla Financing guy, but I can't edit this page to add them to the table at the top. I've got more tan 10 posts on these forums but it seems as though I still don't have enough posts to edit a wiki post. @Doug_G can you tell me when I will have enough posts to edit my table above?

In the meanwhile, here's what I got from my Tesla financing:

NEW VEHICLES:
MODEL S/X 75D:
72 months and below: 2.99%, 84 months: 3.24%, 96 Months: 3.49%

MODEL S/X 100D and P100D:
72 months and below: 1.99%, 84 months: 2.24%, 96 months: 2.49%

These rates valid till end of Feb 2018 but he confirmed that if I put in a custom order, even if the vehicle wasn't delivered till March (as current delivery estimates are), I would still be guaranteed these rates.

Very interesting that they are now giving different rates for different battery packs. Has anyone seen that before?

I just got a new set of 2018 rates from my Tesla Financing guy, but I can't edit this page to add them to the table at the top. I've got more tan 10 posts on these forums but it seems as though I still don't have enough posts to edit a wiki post. @Doug_G can you tell me when I will have enough posts to edit my table above?

In the meanwhile, here's what I got from my Tesla financing:

NEW VEHICLES:
MODEL S/X 75D:
72 months and below: 2.99%, 84 months: 3.24%, 96 Months: 3.49%

MODEL S/X 100D and P100D:
72 months and below: 1.99%, 84 months: 2.24%, 96 months: 2.49%

These rates valid till end of Feb 2018 but he confirmed that if I put in a custom order, even if the vehicle wasn't delivered till March (as current delivery estimates are), I would still be guaranteed these rates.

Very interesting that they are now giving different rates for different battery packs. Has anyone seen that before?

UPDATE: I checked with my Tesla Financing rep after Mar 1 and he told me these rates were extended until the end of March. Unfortunately I still don't have enough permissions on TMC to edit the wiki post. As soon as I do, I will update it with these numbers. But for anyone checking in the meanwhile, hopefully this historical info is helpful.