Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hitch cargo carrier and charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it all depends on the SuperCharger. I was just looking at the one in Lake Charles, LA and it's right next to a Sonic with PLENTY of room to back up far into the stall.
The Street View pic is older but these are the parking spaces where the SuperChargers are.
Google Maps
and I just realized, that's the same one I bought! http://amzn.to/1qS1LAM
Here's a map view from Satellite showing the installed stations:
Google Maps

I plan on carrying up to 4 bikes on the back so the pull through chargers will be important for me too.

@goneskiian When you say you plan on carrying 4 bikes, do you mean on the abovementionned Pro Series 63153 Hitch Cargo ? I also want to be able to carry 4 bikes (2 adults and 2 kids) and I purchased the Tesla-Yakima bike carrier that clips easily on the 2'' Hitch (pre-installed on my MX) but there is a serious weight limitation on the Hitch (120lbs while the rack itself takes up to 44lbs leaving only 76lbs on the bikes you want to carry...). I still went on once with 4 bikes for a total load slighty above 120lbs and drove 150kms back and forth on different types of road. Went ok but was really nervous on each and every bump on the road... So I guess the question for me is less about being able to reach the supercharger with the rack on (sorry for hacking the thread) but on the 4 bikes carrying capability of the rack itself. Any hint ?

@YamAll - I can't quote your message due to your response being merged into my quote. :p;)

First of all, that 120lbs limit on the hitch is B.S. because that was the quoted load rating for the non-existant Accessory Hitch (which has since been removed from the possible new vehicle options). You have the full tow package hardware like I do so you have a limit of at least 350 lbs on that hitch with the 22" wheels (or 500lbs with the 20" wheels).

Second, I don't see the load limit for the rack but since it's actually just a rebranded Yakima Full Tilt 4 you can see here (FullTilt 4) that the rack's limit is 150 lbs.

Bottom line, I wouldn't worry about it.

For reference though, I am using the 1up USA tray style rack (1UPUSA.com Double Quik Rack Black). With bikes, it's much heavier than your setup.

Cheers!