Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holding on to your Roadster. . .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My PEM fried last year (2008 #302, 50,000mi) . Local SC first quoted $11,000 for a new one, then a week later offered $9,000 for a 'refurbished' one they found in CA. Gruber's price of $5,000 sounded better so I shipped the entire car from TX (about $12-1400 round trip) It took about 3 months to rebuild. Then after the first charge at home the original fault re-appeared. Gruber took it back at their cost for return shipping and took another 2-3 months to verify completely repaired. Six months later and it is running great. Original battery is 175mi Range and 130mi Std.

Now thinking of selling #302 and second ICE SUV in favor of 2020 MY. Any opinions out there from y'all other Roadsters?

@efreedom,

Inputs? Yes, of course. Do NOT liquidate your Roadster!

*Insert Big Grin Here*

- P.

As a relatively new owner that has not experienced the "bad" yet, I can't imagine getting rid of mine, but it sounds like you have had a great time driving yours. And if Tesla offers a reasonable trade in, it may be tough to not go ahead and get what you can from it, especially knowing the battery is already reducing your range significantly, and would be an expensive part if it fails.

As a fellow Austin-area owner, we should meet-up and share a few rides before you trade in, at a minimum.... :)
Yes would like to get together for road rally or just coffee. The MY not due till Q3 so I'm going to hang on till then. Will market it at Fully charged and Earth day drive electric week so it may go before the MY is available. Nice to drive and very eye catching but still just a car.