Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holee molee, VANCOUVER!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think your brain just gets wired to look for them; even in Calgary I rarely go anywhere without spotting a Tesla. Extrapolating a bit from old data, only 2.35% of vehicles on the road in BC are BEVs of any make, although the vast majority are probably in the GVA.

Plug-in vehicles sales are pretty high in BC overall but particularly in Greater Vancouver. Q1 2022 figures were 17.1% of overall vehicle sales; 21.6% in Vancouver. Most of those were probably Teslas. Alberta was sitting at 3.1% in Q1, but rising quickly from 0.7% in Q1 2020. At the end of 2021 there were almost 60,000 plug-in vehicles registered in the Lower Mainland area. That represents about 75% of the BC total. Most of the rest are on Vancouver Island and in the Thompson Okanagan.

I live there and my estimate is that at least in West and North Vancouver the per capita ownership rate is higher than the San Francisco Bay Area where I used to live, which I used to think was the Tesla capital of the world.
The Vancouver Sun ran a story back in March that indicated that West Van had the highest proportion of EV sales, in BC at 14.5% in 2020/21. North Van was third at 12.4%, just behind Victoria. Those figures are certainly higher now, even with the long wait times for EV orders. I was in West Van a few weeks ago and was pretty amazed. Along Marine Drive you couldn't go more than a few seconds without seeing a Tesla, usually several.