Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla won't ship or mobile service winter tires???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It had never occurred to me to buy my winter tires from Tesla - I bought the wheels on line, and took them to Kal-Tire, where I bought the tires and had them installed. If Tesla is making it difficult to buy from them, then don't buy from them. I did buy my TPMS from Tesla, because I was worried about the communication with the car, but I was able to easily drive to a Service Center to pick them up. If I'd lived hours from a Service Center, I probably would have found another source that could ship them to me. Kal Tire installed them with my winter tires without blinking. (The manager of my location drives a Tesla too.)
How much are TPMS and rims from Tesla? I don't see them listed online.

The TPMS are here:

Don't buy wheels from Tesla unless you love spending money. Get a set from a tire shop. The only thing you will probably need to provide is the TPMS sensors because Tesla uses a bluetooth one.

Another option for Canada is PMC Tire out of Quebec. They sell tires and rims online, and they also carry the TPMS, so they can mount and balance your set of tires and ship them to your door ready to be installed. I've used them several times. Customer service was excellent. I got 18" rims for my Model 3 performance for winter, and they would not clear the calipers even though they were listed as fitting the M3P on the website. They told me to pick another set of rims and they would verify with the manufacturer that they fit the M3P, ship them to me, and then I just had to get a tire shop to swap the tires to the new rims. I sent them a photo of the receipt for that and they refunded me that cost and I shipped the non-fitting rims back.

I believe that if you want to buy Tesla rims (without tires) you can get those through a Tesla Service Center. I paid $275/rim back in 2018 but believe that prices are now much higher. I wanted Tesla rims to run with Aero covers year round and to have more options if a rim was unusable due to damage.

Reactions: Braumin
It was almost 2 years ago that I bought the TPMS, so I can't remember. I do remember that they weren't listed online, but they were available when I walked into the Service Center......I read in these forums about others getting them that way, so I tried it and they were happy to sell them to me. I had also had very good experience with Haaka winter tires, and so that was the tire brand I wanted again (hence Kal Tire).

I bought my rims from a place I read about here too, and they were a good price and available to ship.