Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update popped in this morning, fastest download in recent history

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are any Intel ATOM based Ys receiving the update yet? TeslaFI is mostly only showing 2022/2023 cars with the update, and it seems the rate of deployment of the holiday update are very slow compared to previous FW versions.
Again, I'm going off of the TeslaFI data showing that very few seem to be getting the update relative to the previous one that had most cars on it within ~2 days. It looks like they are really slow playing this update compared to previous, not sure why..

Last edited:
Nothing for me either. I'm in town lol.

21 MYP
TeslaFI Firmware tracker is showing a drastic pullback in Holiday update installs. For instance, today there was only about ~200 installs on their tracker. I wonder if they are pulling the update since ~50% of the fleet is still on 44.2? This is the slowest to deploy Holiday update that I've seen in ~2 years.

Reactions: jebinc
TeslaFI Firmware tracker is showing a drastic pullback in Holiday update installs. For instance, today there was only about ~200 installs on their tracker. I wonder if they are pulling the update since ~50% of the fleet is still on 44.2? This is the slowest to deploy Holiday update that I've seen in ~2 years.
Yea, I'll be surprised if I have it by the one time of year anyone uses light show lol

• Funny
Yea, I'll be surprised if I have it by the one time of year anyone uses light show lol
Yes, at this rate it's likely going to be New Year's before most people receive it according to how the rollouts have slowed! Maybe the new year's light show is still right on :) Again just going off of Tesla FI which only applies to those who are using it but they've really slowed down on them it appears.

And that’s “Premium connectivity” for ya….
Ditto (on the sarcasm). I subscribed for a month and then canceled once I discovered that Spotify on my iPhone (high quality setting in Spotify) over Bluetooth had significantly better sound quality than Tesla's built-in Spotify. Also, the Tesla built-in Spotify limits the number of artists you can have (I think mine stopped around the letter K)...

Is it just me or can you no longer see the album art and song title (and the left half of the trip meter card) when your hands are on the steering wheel? This is a UI downgrade because you either have to remove your hand from the wheel or move your head to see this information. Before you could just glance over by only moving your eyes (as it should be). Any change to the UI that requires even slightly more of the driver's attention while driving is a failure in design. The intent was good by bringing things closer to the driver, but they seem to have forgotten that there is a steering wheel blocking part of the screen.

Also, the media player controls are now squished together. They will be easy to miss the target while driving due to the vibrations, and again will require slightly more focus away from what's important (the road ahead).

On a positive note, at least they didn't remove a pile of key features from the main screen and bury them away like last year's update. I'm less disappointed this year which is "progress" I guess ;)

Reactions: GSP
I got the update too on my MYP. Still playing with the new features. But I cannot get the interior camera to work. All the other cameras on sentry mode work just fine. I do not see the extra dot for the interior camera. Do I need to click or activate something else?