Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hollis Auto Body - Recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Claire/Prime do aluminum?

I think they repair Audis, do I guess they can handle aluminum bodies... But I'd rather take it to a place with experience repairing Model S... Although that wouldn't be saying much...

- - - Updated - - -

Ouch David, so sorry that happened to you. Why do people just fling their doors open without any regard for moving traffic or cars parked next to them? Drives me crazy.
I recognize that street, I'm usually traveling down it in the other direction.

Yup! It happened right in Natick Center... Yesterday's snow really made a big mess...

Is Hollis Auto Body really dependable?
The only debate here has been cost for minor repair. I think there is consensus that they are dependable and high quality. And as the only certified Tesla location right now, they are the go to place for any serious body work.

If the location is inconvenient, see if they'll pick up & drop off your car as needed.

I winced when I saw your pic -- so sorry, David.

I gather from talking both to (Tesla SC) Mat and to Hollis that there is a learning curve in dealing with the parts ordering from Tesla. I can't tell from the pic, but it looks like you're going to be getting some new panels, not just working out dents. If that's the case, then personally I'd want to take it to a Tesla-certified facility. Hollis is, to date, the only such facility in New England. Hollis returned my car like-new condition (really better than new, because they did a great detailing, while mine was handed to me new off the truck).

So, through two small but unfortunate incidents, I have had my car at Hollis twice, last November, and again this month. Each time, they have done a truly first-rate job. Ronnie in the front communicates well, the guys who work on aluminum, by all criteria that I have available to me, do great work. Both times, just like they said: the car was returned to me better than it was when I first got it - like new. what I really like is that, via speaking and working with my insurance company (Geico), they work very hard to make sure that the repair was thorough and done right. Very pleased. Only complaint might be that it takes some time to get the work done, but that's because they are busy, and they were able to get the work done for me this month quickly, which was much appreciated.

Last edited:
My 2013 Model S and I are crying! :oops:
Got into a fender bender on Thursday morning last week, in NJ. Finally got back home and took to Hollis Auto Body to take a look at. Hoping for a speedy recovery and health for my baby!

That said, my insurance company (Safety Ins) already knew of Hollis when I talked to them on the phone. Also, besides for the recommendations on TMC, Tesla Service Center also recommends them.

The only issue that comes out of this is that Tesla Motors is usually too busy building cars to actually have stock parts available for orders. Looks like they take about 4-6 weeks for the parts to come in, instead of the couple days wait for most other companies.

Can't wait for my future Model 3, with AutoPilot, so that it will help me stay away from these situations in the future... but, I'm still crying for my little baby (Model S) right now.

My November 2016 build is in the shop at Hollis Auto Body for a Deer hit. Unfortunately I could not get the deer's insurance policy, so I am going to be out my $1K deductible. ;(

They had a few Teslas there. After reading this thread, I feel even better.

No need to worry, they will do a good job. In addition to my post above, they fixed my 2013 Model S twice more - once when I rear-ended a pickup with tow ball, causing extensive front-end damage, and again when someone flung their driver's door open as I passed by, resulting in a door replacement and repainting. I have since sold the car but it still looks like new after a good wash and detail.

Just got my S75 with only 4K miles back from Hollis. After 2.5 weeks in the shop, I am very pleased with their work. Undoubtedly, part of the time was wasted by the appraiser getting approval for $17K expense to replace a rear passenger door. I don't understand why it cost so much, but pleased deductible was only 500. I get the feeling some good parts such as power window motor were replaced unnecessarily. Also, Hollis charges $135/hr for Tesla labor since it is so specialized. There's another Tesla authorized body shop in Malden, MA, but that's a long distance from my home. I wonder if next year's insurance premium will increase. There are two years remaining on the lease and based on this repair cost I may not lease another Tesla until they learn how to control repair cost.

Reactions: chjch
I got rear ended in my Model 3 last week and need to have the bumper and right reflector replaced - with bumper priming and painting of course. Pretty straightforward, fortunately. I've been happy with Hollis's work on my Model S in the past (see above) but if there's a new place in Malden that would be much more convenient to Cambridge. Anyone here have experience with them?