Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Charging Efficiency

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It comes from the "charge_energy_added" field in the REST API. I rolled my own but various Tesla apps will report this for you. The poster I was replying to used the term so I assumed that's what they were referring to.
Ok, that makes sense. You need a special app for that reading, and don't get it directly from the car or even from the standard Tesla app. I have heard of Remote S and Teslafi. Maybe those apps have it. Interesting that Tesla won't provide that number directly.
Thanks.

I have heard of Remote S and Teslafi. Maybe those apps have it

These are the column headings in TeslaFi for Charging data

Date
API State
time_to_full_charge
charge_current_request
charge_enable_request
charge_to_max_range
charger_phases
battery_heater_on
battery_range
charger_power
charge_limit_soc
charger_pilot_current
battery_current
charger_actual_current
fast_charger_type
usable_battery_level
battery_level
charge_energy_added
max_range_charge_counter
ideal_battery_range
charging_state
fast_charger_present
trip_charging
est_battery_range
charge_rate
charger_voltage
charge_miles_added_ideal
charge_miles_added_rated
Drive Number
Charge Number
Sleep Number
Idle Number
Shift State
ID

Sorry, I've never tried to export / view the raw data in Remote-S so don't know if that APP would help.

• Informative
Reactions: ran349
The older the car, the higher the phantom drain and also higher self discharge of the battery. My car draws around 1.5-2KWh every day sitting there or driving and I have energy save on. I leave my car unplugged all the time. So phantom drain can add up real fast! This might be what you are seeing during the charging... maybe.

The older the car, the higher the phantom drain and also higher self discharge of the battery. My car draws around 1.5-2KWh every day sitting there or driving and I have energy save on. I leave my car unplugged all the time. So phantom drain can add up real fast! This might be what you are seeing during the charging... maybe.

Likely your 12V just needs to be replaced, the car refuses to sleep because it may not power on again on a bad 12V.

Likely your 12V just needs to be replaced, the car refuses to sleep because it may not power on again on a bad 12V.
Nope. This was the case after multiple 12V battery swap and been happening for years. And the consumption didn't change much even after I removed my dashcam which was drawing constantly from the 12V. Old high voltage battery self discharges quite a bit. That and teslas computer can't properly sleep. It is always talking to the mothership.