Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm due to have a used M3 arrive at my home address on Friday. Given I've waited 8 weeks for this I'm keen for things to go smoothly!

What's the general user experience when it comes to home delivery? Does the driver give you time to inspect or simply drop off and drive off?

When it comes to the Tesla app, keen to understand when the car is added to that. The customer service rep who confirmed my address didn't seem to be particularly knowledgeable and suggested it could be hours/days before it's added

I'm due to have a used M3 arrive at my home address on Friday. Given I've waited 8 weeks for this I'm keen for things to go smoothly!

What's the general user experience when it comes to home delivery? Does the driver give you time to inspect or simply drop off and drive off?

When it comes to the Tesla app, keen to understand when the car is added to that. The customer service rep who confirmed my address didn't seem to be particularly knowledgeable and suggested it could be hours/days before it's added
I have not done home delivery before so I cannot comment on that.

In regards to getting the car on the app, I was able to add it immediately to the Tesla app, but the persons name that owned the car before me on the app didn't change for awhile. Everything was fully functional for me.

Reactions: Canonicals
I've had two home deliveries. In both cases the driver was a contractor. Just dropped the car off and left. I'm curious how you get home delivery nowadays, though. My 2018 Model X and 2020 Model 3P were delivered. But Tesla refused to deliver my 2022 Model S. Said they only deliver "200 miles from nearest delivery center, and I was 199 miles from it". So I told them where to shove it.

But back to your question, I'm not sure what they would do if you inspect it and refuse it.