Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home delivery next week...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a Model S Performance being delivered next week. Coming up with a checklist of what should be in vehicle when it is delivered. I know that 2 fobs and a 120v connector should be included. Maybe books on tires etc? Does the model S have a spare tire? Anyone take home delivery recently?

Also how are members cleaning vehicles for Coronavirus COVID-19? I was going to wipe down handles, screens, fobs, steering wheel etc... Then let sit for 72 hours. But the news says the virus is being found on cruise ships that is a month old. Obviously not sure about news as the media seems to be having issues :-( ...

Thoughts?

Thank You,

M

We have a Model S Performance being delivered next week. Coming up with a checklist of what should be in vehicle when it is delivered. I know that 2 fobs and a 120v connector should be included. Maybe books on tires etc? Does the model S have a spare tire? Anyone take home delivery recently?

Also how are members cleaning vehicles for Coronavirus COVID-19? I was going to wipe down handles, screens, fobs, steering wheel etc... Then let sit for 72 hours. But the news says the virus is being found on cruise ships that is a month old. Obviously not sure about news as the media seems to be having issues :-( ...

Thoughts?

Thank You,

M

No spare Tire for Model S, or any current Tesla.
Hopefully you have considered installing and have installed a 240V NEMA 14/50 outlet. The cord is about 18 feet long.

Cleaning correctly is not something I would hazard a guess or opinion on.

It is an awesome car: CONGRATULATIONS!!

Wow. Such a nice car. Fastest one ever.
They are offering other delivery options now. Not sure if it's due to the virus or just to help streamline.
Delivery Options

No spare tire. I would recommend a plug kit for road trips
There are many options but here's one to look at.
https://www.amazon.com/AUTOWN-Tire-...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Also an air pump. There are several to choose from, but here's an example.
https://www.amazon.com/EPAuto-Porta...?keywords=car+tire+pump&qid=1585139842&sr=8-3

Also note, Tesla offers a tire repair kit as well.
Tire Repair Kit

Post pictures.

M

OP has more self control than any other new Tesla owner I know. Waiting 72 hrs after delivery before driving is torchure. I would wipe down door handles and all controls, then drive it to all your favorite destinations.

Place an order for NEMA 14-50 and J1772 charging adapters asap because they probably are out of stock. Sadly, these are no longer standard equipment. My Aug '17 ms build came with both and I use them frequently.

IMHO, Tesla ditched standard 14-50 adapter to save money, sell more wall connectors, and avoid liability from improper receptacle installation. There are numerous threads on the issue. Love getting 29 mph from UMC version 1 with 14-50 running at 40A.

Thank you ! Learning how to take off the front license plate holder as we do not need in Florida.

M

Just took delivery last week of a new Model S Performance too and removed the front license plate. You have to remove the two security screws from the bottom of the bracket and need a 90 degree bent nose plier. I found one at Harbor Freight and it worked perfectly, here's the link - 11 in. 90° Bent Nose Long Reach Pliers

After those are out I left the bracket attached for better leverage and then put goof off down the top and used a hair dryer to soften the adhesive slowly working it off from the top right. Just be patient, it took me no more than 10 mins.

After removed I did have to use a little polish to remove an imprint line from the bracket.

Looks 100% better!

Congrats on the new car!

Our Model S showed up today without warning. It was transported from Atlanta 400 + plus miles on the front of an open transport. The inside has dust everywhere and some of the tape and plastic were removed. They dropped it off, asked us to sign a form and threw us the FOBs. Not exactly what I was expecting when purchasing a $120K vehicle. Spend a couple of hours cleaning outside. Only found 2 paint issues, crap under paint by door and a scrap on rear bumper. Tomorrow clean & sanitize the inside. Drive on Sunday. Killing me !!

Also could not find how to see cameras around car as I was pulling into garage.

M

PS - This is the first time I have seen the "Glass Roof". Awesome !!

IMG_3896.jpeg

Reactions: Aleks0404
Our Model S showed up today without warning. It was transported from Atlanta 400 + plus miles on the front of an open transport. The inside has dust everywhere and some of the tape and plastic were removed. They dropped it off, asked us to sign a form and threw us the FOBs. Not exactly what I was expecting when purchasing a $120K vehicle. Spend a couple of hours cleaning outside. Only found 2 paint issues, crap under paint by door and a scrap on rear bumper. Tomorrow clean & sanitize the inside. Drive on Sunday. Killing me !!

Also could not find how to see cameras around car as I was pulling into garage.

M

PS - This is the first time I have seen the "Glass Roof". Awesome !!

View attachment 526552
Congratulations post some more pics later on.

Reactions: TesslAshanti