Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery or at Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's only a 35 min trip to the pickup location, but, my account has me listed currently as "Home Delivery". I would assume 6 and 1/2 dozen or the other? Convenience (home) vs. management at Tesla location to address issues (not that they can't be addressed at home)?

Thanks. Sorry if this covered elsewhere.

I have not picked up mine yet, but from what I've read that the delivery experience is better at the store, they explain stuff better to you. Also this may or may be true but I heard if you got delivery at home they mail your temp. plates to you... so you can't drive it right when you get it. (maybe this depends on the state idk)

I think you are better off picking up. I think inspecting or possible addressing a minor issue would be much easier at SC. I’d also prefer be the first and only person driving MY car for its first 35 miles vs some kid that could care less if he hits a pothole along the way.

If you had no choice that’s another story. I think I’d pick it up if it was 200 miles away.

Mine was at home, but since I'm also a MS owner, they may have thought that was better for me. SC is only 22 miles away, but I liked having no other customers around and having the complete attention of the DA. Found one minor paint issue and a missing adapter, but someone bought the adapter to me later that day. The paint issue may be addressed this week when I have time. Overall i'm happy I went this way, but my previous Tesla ownership may help me feel that way.

I used to lean pick up at SC so I could have any issues found addressed “on the spot”. But based on threads here and my own initial delivery, Tesla will prefer to just slap you with a due bill and send you on your own way. Any issues will have to be scheduled at a later date through their service center. If that’s the case, might as well get the convenience of having the car delivered to you. I believe they give you an additional couple of days to things added on the due bill if found later. At least that is what my delivery person had said.

I was originally scheduled for home delivery, but changed it to pickup at the Paramus NJ service center. Great experience. Top notch team there, they spent over an hour reviewing the car with us - this was absolutely key for my wife to get comfortable with the car. It was a Friday morning - first appointment at 10am. Car was washed, waxed, tires shined, fully charged to 100%. Exactly how it should be.

Really pleased - would recommend them again in a half a heartbeat.

Here's my son - cheesing it up.. he may have been happier than I was picking it up!

IMG_2319.jpg