Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home delivery or SC delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, got a txt saying home delivery scheduled for 11/19.

With all the issues with M3, would it be smarter to take delivery at a Tesla service center?

Or does it make no difference?

I’m worried that with home delivery, I won’t be able to properly document or even fix minor issues without settings appointments which could be months out.

What’s your advice?

I hope someome with home delivery can answer some questions like was the car just drop shipped while it was in route from Cali? Do they fully detail it? Does someone from T come to your house to finalize the sale? Walk you through the car?

I’m not sure what level of car detailing or walkthrough goes into home delivery but based on my SC delivery experience just today. I would pick home delivery!!!

Arrived at 2pm. Left at 4:45. It was a mad house. Impatient waiters, bad energy. Sure they said it would only take 30minutes but do you really believe them? Water color had no cups. Mini fridge was empty. Single Bathrooms were a complete mess. People not in the know about Tesla customer service expecting the moon. But hell for the price we are paying I expect some attentention to detail and good swrvice . Spinning the same schpeal to all waiters. Thank goodness I’m super chill and my wife and kid is awesome. I was totally underwhelmed. I would have preferred to stay at home and chill and wait for the car to come to me rather than watch frantic workers walk past customers and mostly ignore them thinking they owe them cause they are getting an awesome Tesla.

Tesla really holds you by the balls in regards to paying first than we will show you the goods. It doesn’t matter.

I would have lost my shhiiet if we received a damaged car or bad build. Thank goodness we did not. From what I can tell from the 5 minutes I looked over the car. Factory to push 70 cars out in one day.

Model S owner here too. Love Tesla but that experience was one star. But 5 star ride.

How was your home delivery experience?

Did you feel you got adequate time to go over the features and address any defects?

I hope someome with home delivery can answer some questions like was the car just drop shipped while it was in route from Cali? Do they fully detail it? Does someone from T come to your house to finalize the sale? Walk you through the car?

They basically drop off the car in a covered car carrier, drive it to your driveway and give you the keys. If you have a trade-in, they will take it from you. That's honestly about it - it's not a Tesla person doing the delivery, but a 3rd party car carrier. I've had two cars delivered, and it was identical in both instances.

So it was washed and detailed?

Thats funny because when I was looking for my delivery guy at the SC by phone someone said he is not in right now because he is on a home delivery.

My Model X was delivered dirty inside and out, with writing on the windshield. The Model 3 I got today was mostly clean, but I wouldn't say detailed by any stretch. There's still stickers and some writing on the windshield, but the inside and outside were still clean.

• Informative
Reactions: SemiS3XYR