Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Link for Newer Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone with a recent Model Y delivery (Last couple weeks) either installed the Homelink module themselves or had Tesla service install one? I would like to have it (Don't like MyQ fees, and Homelink has been great in my other cars). Just don't see the option to buy it in my app yet, but that might be because I don't have the car delivered. Just want to make sure if I decide to get one off Ebay it will still work and I can get it programmed after installing it myself (or If its possible to still get it installed by Tesla)

It gets installed near the frunk, so a relatively easy install.

I think they have to update your config so very possible it may not work if you install it yourself, unless you can get a sympathetic tech to activate it when you get service for something else.

I ordered mine at least a month before delivery, but that was about a year ago.

I was spoiled by my '18 LR3 that had it from the factory, so didn't blink when I had to pay extra and have mobile service install it on my '22 PY. When I order my next one I'll do it again. I guess I'm a Tesla snob.

Has anyone with a recent Model Y delivery (Last couple weeks) either installed the Homelink module themselves or had Tesla service install one? I would like to have it (Don't like MyQ fees, and Homelink has been great in my other cars). Just don't see the option to buy it in my app yet, but that might be because I don't have the car delivered. Just want to make sure if I decide to get one off Ebay it will still work and I can get it programmed after installing it myself (or If its possible to still get it installed by Tesla)
I did not know MyQ was fee based. I just had a garage door installed in south west florida and don't remember signing up for a fee, and that app on my iPhone can activate the garage door (open / close)

I did not know MyQ was fee based. I just had a garage door installed in south west florida and don't remember signing up for a fee, and that app on my iPhone can activate the garage door (open / close)
The Tesla-MyQ Tesla integration requires a paid subscription. Else you can use the garage door remote control that comes with the MyQ door opener or the MyQ phone app for no cost. There are other options including Tailwind that you can install.

Reactions: pkmody
The Tesla-MyQ Tesla integration requires a paid subscription. Else you can use the garage door remote control that comes with the MyQ door opener or the MyQ phone app for no cost. There are other options including Tailwind that you can install.
ah ---- thanks
I am just using the phone app it works well.
Too bad they don't have an integrated home-link function (at no cost) I have it in all my other vehicles.
I can use the garage door remote.... like back in the 90's!

Reactions: bobw and jcanoe
It gets installed near the frunk, so a relatively easy install.

I think they have to update your config so very possible it may not work if you install it yourself, unless you can get a sympathetic tech to activate it when you get service for something else.

I ordered mine at least a month before delivery, but that was about a year ago.

I was spoiled by my '18 LR3 that had it from the factory, so didn't blink when I had to pay extra and have mobile service install it on my '22 PY. When I order my next one I'll do it again. I guess I'm a Tesla snob.
if you install it yourself, you can activate it manually by going into the service mode options.