Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink compatibility?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting to the module is a pain for the M3. You have to remove the bumper cover for access. With all that work, might be worth just buying a new one off ebay for ~$150 and putting it in the new car.

I recently put one in my car and didnt bother removing the front bumper cover, I installed it to an easier to access mounting point.

I know thats not really answering your compatibility question, but its a viable option.

I think its cheaper to get a Wifi based garage door opener for your garage which you can use from your phone. Yes it wont be as convenient as homelink but it will be way cheaper, thats what I did

I mean, if you are going to talk about "cheaper" its cheaper to use the remote that comes with the garage door opener and either clip it to the visor, put it in the console, or tape it to the back of the screen.

I mean, if you are going to talk about "cheaper" its cheaper to use the remote that comes with the garage door opener and either clip it to the visor, put it in the console, or tape it to the back of the screen.
Yea, and I heavily considered that. I even used the remote for 6 weeks... but my wife's Y has had homelink for years and I felt like a dang animal pressing buttons, so I splurged

Can I move the homelink unit from my 2019 M3 to a 2023 M3? Are they the same module?
Does anyone know what happens when you remove the Homelink module? Will the Homelink screen still appear on the Tesla screen? Do I need to go into service mode to disable the Homelink module prior to removing it? I plan to remove mine prior to selling the car.

• Funny
Reactions: Adam3