TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

homelink / remote ctrl question

Discussion in 'Model S' started by fren, Jun 30, 2016.

1. fren

fren Member

hi,
    i have a cardin s 476 tx 2 remote control to open the garage door ( it s listed as compatible with homelink for tesla ) but i can 't get it to be recognised by the car
    i ve followed all instructions , read forums/YouTube vids... but the signal is not catched
    it s a refreshed model , remote control with new batteries and working
    any idea ?
    thx

2. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

Have you tried holding the remote inside the Frunk just inside the latch area? That's the only spot that worked for me with the car facing the house and having pressed the purple learn button on my opener

3. fren

fren Member

not bad idea i will try after work , thx
    you really need to be in front of garage to do it ( capture the remote control signal )? , maby i was too near too ( 1m )

4. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

I wish I had a better understanding of the mechanics behind it, only know what worked/didn't work in my case through trial and error.

I tried countless times when backed into the garage and it did not work and also tried to have it learn from the remote itself while away from my opener but found that I had to have the opener in learn mode as well for it to work in my case.

Pulled the car out and turned around so the nose was facing my house (Have a side mounted high lift liftmaster opener) on the side of my garage closer to where my car was - my car was probably ~15' from the opener at time of pairing with most of the distance because its 10' off the ground

What worked for me: Started the homelink pairing process in the vehicle, pressed the purple learn button on my opener and proceeded to hold the remote (with fresh batteries) right near the emergency release button on the inside of the frunk and it worked like a charm. You can hear a slight sound when the lights flash as well - I was concerned I would not see the lights flash to indicate the pairing was successful.

5. RYCO

RYCO Member

My issue with it is, when I get home i back into my garage. The signal to open the garage doesn't seem to reach unless I am 6 inches away from my garage backing in. Anyone have a reasonable fix for this while still backing into the garage?