Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink - summon my car to driveway each morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was disappointed to discover my new model 3 did not have this feature; and now I'm if the extra $300 would be worthwhile. Can you help?

Is anyone using that feature (along with Summon) to have your Tesla automatically open the garage door; drive out; and be warmed up by the time I come out in the morning?

If I can accomplish that by just pressing the Summon button my my phone app, it will be worth it for me.
It would save actual time and just flat out be way cool!
Thanks for any advice/experience on the matter.
Al

Just being able to replace my garage door opener from within the car would not be worth it to me.

That probably won't exist for awhile. Even with the enhanced summon, the car will come to you, not another location.

I have a much cooler configuration though. I get in the car, while in the garage (I don't get cold nor wet) and then open the door and drive out of the garage.

You will be able to do what you describe if you are nearby the car ~150’, with line of sight, and don’t back onto a public road. That functionality is in Early access now. Homelink is worth it on its own, although not sure how I’d use Summon out of the garage personally - yes, cool but slower than just getting in car and driving.