Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink trouble with new opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed a new garage door opener Genie 3055 and of course the remotes work, but my Tesla doesn't get it.

2 questions: which homelink mode should be used? Standard or Default?

After I program the Tesla as requested and get flash light to confirm, I bring the opener in learning mode and hit "continue" on the touchscreen. Tesla tells me that it is programming the opener but it does not work.

Any suggestions what I do wrong, please?

Mike

Hi Mike:

I've been using Chamberlain so I don't think there's a "Standard or Default" mode.

In learning mode, I have to climb up to the garage opener motor head to push on the learning button. Did you do that step?
Precisely.... most people forget to do that and wonder why it doesn't connect. OP, help about that is in the user's guide of the garage door opener...… assuming that is the issue.

For those that ended up on this thread because - like me - in attempting to set up homelink their remote clickers stopped working...

...you probably reset the clicker by hitting the button on back of the clicker and now it is no longer communicating to your ceiling mounted garage door opener. HERE is a link to the user manuals for lots of clickers - if you find yours it will tell you how to make your clicker remote communicate with your particular garage door opener. Once you fix that you can go back to setting up the Tesla homelink.

I reset my clicker remote because I interpreted the Tesla instructions incorrectly. Step 1 has you hold the clicker next to the bumper (and I believe many homelinks are set up with only step one). Step 2 (if you are given a step 2) tells you to push the button on the back of the garage door opener and then press the homelink created button in the tesla screen. This step does not refer to the button on back of the remote clicker, this refers to the button on back of the ceiling mounted garage door opener.

Hope this helps someone.