Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Weirdness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
My Homelink works perfectly at home. It also likes to work... away from home. Seems to be some kind of software bug.

IMG_6507.JPG

Yes it is indeed saying that it wants to open the door in 770 meters. Then a few seconds later it will try to actually open the door. How many times it does this is a bit random, but it always does it around the same location - on the way out of my neighbourhood.

Weirdness!

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki and EinSV
Is it a gated community by any chance? Did you try updating the location for that garage door?

When we first programmed our garage doors, we were sitting in the driveway right in front of the garage. At that location, the doors would open but we'd have to sit and wait for them to open completely whenever we returned home. We drove out to the street, ~75 m away and updated the location so that they would open sooner and be fully open by the time we got to the garage. I haven't tried setting it to be 770 meters away but now I'm tempted to try. ;)

No, it isn't a gated community (not really a thing around here) and there's only one Homelink configured.

I originally set my location so it would trigger on the road as I approached the house. That works perfectly.

I guess I can try resetting that again. But this looks like a bug in their geofencing algorithm.