Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink woes with PR433-4 receiver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a motorized gate with an 800Mhz opener system that proved to be completely incompatibel with my Model 3. My brother has no issues in his Model X, but I... nada. So I figured, ok, I can just get an official homelink receiver and fix this problem.

d0G6ChB.png

wf5Okwu.jpg

I got the PR433-4 receiver and installed it. I also got a chamberlain TX4RUNI universal transmitter, and bound it to the receiver without problems. However, the Model 3 does not correctly learn to open this gate. Here is what I tried:

1) HOLD the transmitter button in front of the bumper. Model 3 flashes and proceeds to "step 2" asking me to push the learn button on the receiver. I press the learn button on the receiver, then confirm in the Tesla, the M3 transmits something and then stops, but gate doesn't open when triggered.

2) HOLD the transmitter button in front of the bumper. Model 3 flashes and proceeds to "step 2" asking me to push the learn button on the receiver. I confirm in the Model 3, THEN press the learn button on the receiver. The M3 transmits something and then stops, but gate doesn't open when triggered.

3) repeatedly press the transmitter button in front of the bumber. Model 3 flashes. There's no step 2, but also no success in opening the gate

4) Tried hard-rebooting the Model 3 before trying Point 1 again.

5) Tried hard rebooting the model 3 before trying Point 2 again.

6) Tried hard rebooting the model 3 before trying Point 3 again.

I have a garage door with an older chamberlain unit and the Model 3 opens that one just fine. I'm at a complete loss as to what to do at this point. Any help?

And right after I post this, I find the solution at: Garage Homelink funktioniert nicht • TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer & Freunde

1. Put handheld transmitter into learn mode by holding the left and right button until the LED lights solid
2. Press LRN 1 on PRN433
3. Press one of the transmitter buttons repeatedly until the PR433 opens the door. DO NOT press any other buttons.
4. Press LRN 1 on PRN433 again.
5. Start learning the remote in the Model 3 (be quick, the handheld transmitter will exit learn mode after a while, you can extend that time by briefly pressing the same button you used in step 3)
6. Hold transmitter close to bumper and HOLD that same button you used in step 3.
7. Your model 3 should now ask you to press the learn button on the receiver. Just skip this step. If you don't get this step then you should repeat from the start.
8. Profit!

I used the lowermost button on the transmitter during this as some folks on TFF-Forum reported that the up button didn't work for them.

And right after I post this, I find the solution at: Garage Homelink funktioniert nicht • TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer & Freunde

1. Put handheld transmitter into learn mode by holding the left and right button until the LED lights solid
2. Press LRN 1 on PRN433
3. Press one of the transmitter buttons repeatedly until the PR433 opens the door. DO NOT press any other buttons.
5. Start learning the remote in the Model 3 (be quick, the handheld transmitter will exit learn mode after a while, you can extend that time by briefly pressing the same button you used in step 3)
6. Hold transmitter close to bumper and HOLD that same button you used in step 3.
7. Your model 3 should now ask you to press the learn button on the receiver. Just skip this step. If you don't get this step then you should repeat from the start.
8. Profit!

I used the lowermost button on the transmitter during this as some folks on TFF-Forum reported that the up button didn't work for them.

Step 0. steal underpants

2. Press LRN 1 on PRN433
8. Profit!

I did exactly the same. I was programming it and then expecting it to work immediately. I was so frustrated for a good 10 minutes until I realized that the receiver was still in learning mode. That was a huge relief when I pressed learn again, and it worked.

Hi! I hope you guys are still around ;)

I have the same hardware and followed the instructions thoroughly (after trying unsuccessfully many other things)... but it doesn’t work:

After finishing all the steps, when I touch the name of my garage door in the Model 3 I can see the 2 Del above A & B blinking but there is no click sound as it does when I use the transmitter. Nothing happens.

Did this happen to you? Did I miss something?

Thanks for your help!

Sébastien.

Ok, I found how to reset it and did the full process again but I have the same issue, with one more hint to what happens:

When pressed, the Tesla on-screen button makes the 2 DEL blink (A & B), as before BUT if I press Learn on the PRN433 before pressing the same button it activates the garage door, once.

it repeatedly works but I can’t obviously press learn each time ;)

Here is a quick video with sound:
Dropbox - HomeLinkBug.mov - Simplify your life

Thanks for your help!

Sébastien.

Only one LED should blink afaik. Did you reset your remote too? Are you sure the remote was still in learning mode when you are at step 4 and 5?

Thanks for your answer, that must be it!

I did not understand what « do not press another buttons » ment, I assumed I should be careful not to press 2 keys at once while pressing repeatedly one button, but I didn’t get that it would exit the remote from learning. So I then assumed that « the handheld transmitter will exit learn mode after a while« was actually referring to the PRN433.

I will try that as soon as possible. Thanks again for your help.