Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

I am trying to get my homelink in my Model X to work with my garage door. I follow the instructions on the Model X screen and hold the garage door remote at the bumper and the lights flash and the car acknowledges the signal. It then goes straight to the save screen and asks me to test the setup i just made - when i press the Home link i setup the door doesnt respond. I have and GDO9 Enduro door which is relatively new.

Should I be trying to set it up on Universal as opposed to Standard mode? Has anyone got Homelink to work with this door.

Thanks in advance

It's usually two-step process, 1) teach the car's Homelink transmitter to correct radio protocol (by holding at the bumper); 2) pair Homelink to the door opener (using "Learn" button on the opener itself).
Yes thanks - my problem is once i pair the remote with the module (it gets acknowledged by the Model X) then it goes straight to a screen where i am asked to test it. It never goes to a "Learn" screen. So i either have it set on "Standard" and it pairs through the bumper but doesnt have a learn step or i change it to Üniversal" and it doesnt go through a pairing process and goes straight to a learn phase. Maybe I push the learn on my controller at the same time as "testing" it on the model x?

Yes thanks - my problem is once i pair the remote with the module (it gets acknowledged by the Model X) then it goes straight to a screen where i am asked to test it. It never goes to a "Learn" screen. So i either have it set on "Standard" and it pairs through the bumper but doesnt have a learn step or i change it to Üniversal" and it doesnt go through a pairing process and goes straight to a learn phase. Maybe I push the learn on my controller at the same time as "testing" it on the model x?
I tried that too and it didnt work. I also tried using another button on the remote (a different code) but didnt work either hmmm

Not all door openers actually need the "learn" phase. Our old Chamberlain did, while the newer Skylink ATOMS just works after a simple remote pairing at the front bumper. The X seems to have a weaker Homelink signal than the S. Our old S easily opened the garage while approaching the driveway, while the X needs to be much closer for the opener to pick up its signal.

Not all door openers actually need the "learn" phase. Our old Chamberlain did, while the newer Skylink ATOMS just works after a simple remote pairing at the front bumper. The X seems to have a weaker Homelink signal than the S. Our old S easily opened the garage while approaching the driveway, while the X needs to be much closer for the opener to pick up its signal.
Thanks - unfortunately mine doesnt work even when right next to the door - at a loss

I have heard, and tried myself, by placing the transmitter inside the frunk when getting the car to link. Have you tried that?

What I have found is since getting 2018.50.7 update in my MS I can easily open the garage door without issue, my problem is when I go to close the door afterwards. Open door, summon the car out, hop in the car and press the homelink to close the door. It simply will not close. I often try numerous times, backing the car more or move it closer to the door. Sometimes it will close but most of the times it does not and I'm forced to just go into the garage and wait for the car to backup enough and then press the button to close the door.