TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hotel & Other Deals for Tesla Owners

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by DrTaras, Jan 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

It might have been 2-3 years ago when there was a buzz about some in the Hyatt family buying Teslas and creating a network of chargers outside their hotels with special deals for Tesla owners. I searched the TMC site and could not find any postings about it, but #750 driving LA to Detroit reminded me of that and hidden in one of the posts in Chicago was a deal offered to those staying at the Hotel Felix (disclosure-I have no connection with them) under the "Specials and Packages" section. Chicago Hotel Packages | Hotel Felix, Chicago, Illinois

"Tesla Test Drive: Package includes accomodation in one of our new contemporary and luxurious guestroom plus a test drive of a Tesla Roadster 2010 with a Tesla representative."

Ok, so it is not for current owners and there are no chargers involved, but I thought I'd start a thread where others could post their finds? If this should be posted elsewhere, let me know & I'd be happy to move it?

Cheers, Ian :smile:

2. NEWDL

NEWDL R#350 R#1323 Sig23 8136

If anyone in Northeast Ohio needs a charge I am more than willing to help! Home Connector with 70a.

How about that for a deal?

And I live near a Hilton. :)

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

HOTEL FELIX

4. DrTaras

Nice find VFX... I'm considering turning my house into a hotel, charging appropriately, then letting people drive the Tesla for "free." Heck, I've done the latter part of that deal for 100s of people already!

VFX... didn't you have a place in Palm Springs that you were going to post here too?

5. DrComputer

DrComputer Active Member

Speaking of hotels and chargers... I just came back from attending a three day conference at the new JW Marriott at LA Live in downtown Los Angeles. I figured it's a brand new hotel so they must have thought of charging...but to be safe I'd call ahead just to make sure. When I called I said I was going to be bringing my electric car and wanted to make sure they could accommodate me. After being transferred to three different people I finally got the parking manager who said "well, we don't really have any charging facilities but we do have a place in the garage that the golf carts plug into... will that do?" I told her that would be fine so I packed my bags and drove to the hotel. When I got there the valets quickly greeted me with the usual "ohhh ahhh" stares. I told them that I called ahead and that I am supposed to park next to the golf carts. This sent them in a tizzy and I had to have the valet manager come out. He finally agreed to have someone show me the correct place to go. There was only one 110 plug behind a locked maintenance door. Security had to come unlock the door and then I could plug in my car. When I checked in I asked to speak with the hotel manager to make them aware of the difficult time I had just trying to bring my green car to a brand new hotel in the heart of downtown LA. He said I was the first person to ask about electric car charging and that they were "looking into" installing chargers sometime in the future. I told him that the future was already parked in their basement and that they should put in chargers sooner than later and that they should inform their valley/parking people what to do when the next electric car shows up. So much for Marriott being a "green" hotel company.

6. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

The Renaissance at Orlando Seaworld (maybe this also goes for other Renaissance hotels?) gave me free valet parking (normally $21 per day) and will organize charging through a NEMA 14-50 (the valet offered to take the car down the road to the ChargePoint station).

7. DrTaras

Way to be proactive! Love that line!

8. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Me too!

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

The Tesla LA store says the Ace hotel in PS has a 14-50 (or something) Was going to check it out soon.

10. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

We were able to get the Austin downtown Hilton to install a J1772 75A charger with the help of one of the Austin owners. Should be installed next month.

11. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay (CA) seems able to get a 14-50 out to the lobby check-in area when needed.