Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotel & Other Deals for Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DrTaras

R254->R725->S->X->M3->M3P-->R2020?
Dec 2, 2007
Woodland Hills, CA
It might have been 2-3 years ago when there was a buzz about some in the Hyatt family buying Teslas and creating a network of chargers outside their hotels with special deals for Tesla owners. I searched the TMC site and could not find any postings about it, but #750 driving LA to Detroit reminded me of that and hidden in one of the posts in Chicago was a deal offered to those staying at the Hotel Felix (disclosure-I have no connection with them) under the "Specials and Packages" section. Chicago Hotel Packages | Hotel Felix, Chicago, Illinois

"Tesla Test Drive: Package includes accomodation in one of our new contemporary and luxurious guestroom plus a test drive of a Tesla Roadster 2010 with a Tesla representative."

Ok, so it is not for current owners and there are no chargers involved, but I thought I'd start a thread where others could post their finds? If this should be posted elsewhere, let me know & I'd be happy to move it?

Cheers, Ian :smile:

HOTEL FELIX
...Be Eco, Be Fast: The Tesla Roadster, known for going from 0-60 in 3.6 seconds without a drop of gas, will be available for test drives during Earth Month. The car is faster than a Porsche and greener than a Prius. Want to give it a spin? It’s available for test drive from 12-4 p.m. April 21-24...

Nice find VFX... I'm considering turning my house into a hotel, charging appropriately, then letting people drive the Tesla for "free." Heck, I've done the latter part of that deal for 100s of people already!

VFX... didn't you have a place in Palm Springs that you were going to post here too?

Speaking of hotels and chargers... I just came back from attending a three day conference at the new JW Marriott at LA Live in downtown Los Angeles. I figured it's a brand new hotel so they must have thought of charging...but to be safe I'd call ahead just to make sure. When I called I said I was going to be bringing my electric car and wanted to make sure they could accommodate me. After being transferred to three different people I finally got the parking manager who said "well, we don't really have any charging facilities but we do have a place in the garage that the golf carts plug into... will that do?" I told her that would be fine so I packed my bags and drove to the hotel. When I got there the valets quickly greeted me with the usual "ohhh ahhh" stares. I told them that I called ahead and that I am supposed to park next to the golf carts. This sent them in a tizzy and I had to have the valet manager come out. He finally agreed to have someone show me the correct place to go. There was only one 110 plug behind a locked maintenance door. Security had to come unlock the door and then I could plug in my car. When I checked in I asked to speak with the hotel manager to make them aware of the difficult time I had just trying to bring my green car to a brand new hotel in the heart of downtown LA. He said I was the first person to ask about electric car charging and that they were "looking into" installing chargers sometime in the future. I told him that the future was already parked in their basement and that they should put in chargers sooner than later and that they should inform their valley/parking people what to do when the next electric car shows up. So much for Marriott being a "green" hotel company.

The Renaissance at Orlando Seaworld (maybe this also goes for other Renaissance hotels?) gave me free valet parking (normally $21 per day) and will organize charging through a NEMA 14-50 (the valet offered to take the car down the road to the ChargePoint station).