Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scheduled delivery at home for the 14th. Was hoping to get it sooner, but what’s new? 😀
You are going to love it. I tried to bag my wife’s Toyota out of the garage. When i got home. To move it over. I put my foot on the brake put it in reverse. Took my foot off the brake. And it took off. Scared the *sugar* out of me. I wasn’t used to it. Lol I’m like where the f are you going lol

I’m back at Tint World in Atascocita. Getting my tint replaced on the Driver’s side door. It had some bubble’s in it and a streak. That never cleared out or cured. They are replacing it free of charge obviously. I mentioned to the shop manager. That my passenger’s side black window trim had a scratch. To be careful with the driver side. He told me “oh we cover the trim with blue painters tape”. So we don’t scratch the trim. I let him make it. I have no proof. That it was them. It could of been my wife or kids getting in the Y. It was my fault for not looking the Y over good before I left. Or before I got there. I will triple check it this time. Before I leave. It wasn’t that bad but it had a white scratch mark on it. I used some matte black touch up paint from Autozone. I also noticed fine scratches on the rear door window trim. That wasn’t them. I’m a little OCD. Especially when I spend $70,000. Sorry for the ramble. But the point over this is to TRIPLE CHECK ( Make a good Pickup or delivery video).
When you get your Y.
Check the Trim’s
Check the seat. Rock back and forward in it.
Check the exterior lights. To make sure they are lined up.
Everything is fine with my Y. But I understand now. Why people make a checklist. So later you’re not wonder WTF happened. 😆

It was them. They did it again. I brought the guy out. Told him yes. You did this. They offered to pay for a new trim. I told him No. I just want you to know. The next time you touch a person’s Tesla. Do a better job. I’m anal about my money & my MYP. The guy gave me a $100 gift card. He said he could try and touch it up. I told him. No again. I left.
I will be doing my own PPF. I can make a mistake. It will be my fault. But if someone else makes a mistake. I going to be 😡.
Not my first vehicle. Not my first aftermarket install. This stuff happens a lot. This is why I ordered the MYP. So I would not have to do much. Just. Unplug and Go( I’m plugging my TIK Tok channel 😆)

Damage
1654357312692.jpeg

Repaired by me.
1654357357256.jpeg

Just tell me it looks good. Or I will be outside all day with alcohol and touch up paint. Doing it again and again. 😆

Last edited:
They’re sure it’s going to be a delay? I mean it’s only four hours away. I’ll go up there!
They're definitely not sure, just that their system shows Tuesday delivery of the transport (June 7th) and if that's actually the case then they can't deliver same day (because of wash and checks). We should know for sure by end of day tomorrow if anything gets pushed. Just a heads up

Tip.
I park in a parking garage for work. We have EV charge stations. Only 2 per garage. But I noticed there are outlets in every corner of the garage. So yesterday I worked 16 hours. Well I was at work 16 hour’s. 😉. I plugged in to the 110v you get about 3-4 miles an hour. For the Free. Just a tip. If you don’t have EV chargers at your place of employment. It’s great to plug in. Come back. Getting your miles and range back that you drove to work on.

It was them. They did it again. I brought the guy out. Told him yes. You did this. They offered to pay for a new trim. I told him No. I just want you to know. The next time you touch a person’s Tesla. Do a better job. I’m anal about my money & my MYP. The guy gave me a $100 gift card. He said he could try and touch it up. I told him. No again. I left.
I will be doing my own PPF. I can make a mistake. It will be my fault. But if someone else makes a mistake. I going to be 😡.
Not my first vehicle. Not my first aftermarket install. This stuff happens a lot. This is why I ordered the MYP. So I would not have to do much. Just. Unplug and Go( I’m plugging my TIK Tok channel 😆)

Damage
View attachment 812567
Repaired by me.
View attachment 812568

Just tell me it looks good. Or I will be outside all day with alcohol and touch up paint. Doing it again and again. 😆

Man, I don't even know what I am looking for? Seriously though, I used to be the same exact way, but it was sucking the joy out of driving and owning ANY car because I was so obsessed with every single little nick. I PFF'd things that no one PFF's, why because I didn't want to scratch it. But then I realized one day - this car will be gone, just like the other ones... and when it's gone, so what if it had one little scratch on the trim that is hardly noticeable by anyone except me? Now I am not suggesting if someone was performing a service and screw something up that you should not hold them accountable... you should. I am just saying don't stress yourself out. Go drive it. Lord knows that you can double layer PPF your car, but once you get on I45, it will get F'd up by some moron driving on the shoulder kicking up all the crap.