Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello to all our Houston brothers and sisters, from Austin.

We had a nice party at Matt Holm's house, with one million dollars plus in Tesla's on his driveway (or right on the curb). I thought the picture was cool.

View attachment 25451
There's no picture?

- - - Updated - - -

Since everyone can't make it to C&C. How about a meetup?
We can just find a Starbucks or something that has open parking so we can park side by side. Who's in?

Looks like a good choice. Maybe we can get a caravan.
I like the caravan idea.

TopWater grill is located at 815 Avenue O, San Leon, TX 77539 @29.471846,-94.925866

What are your thoughts on starting the caravan Fry's at 59S & Beltway 8? The drive would be 1 hour.
Fry's Electronics, Incorporated.
11565 Southwest Fwy
Houston, TX 77031

We need to set an evening to do this. Preferably on the weekend to avoid traffic.

Would this weekend be too soon.

Who else wants to join in?

Houston Tesla Club

Come on Y'all, join in! There should be about 100 Teslas in Houston by now.

PM me so I can add you to our "members list".
Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Here's my vision:
I want these meet-ups to be "news worthy". We need at least 20 cars for a caravan.
If you think your Tesla gets a lot of attention, imagine what a train of Teslas would do.

I want to have enough cars and to be compelling to the businesses we visit.
They should feel privileged that our club is visiting their business.
If we have enough cars the businesses may give us incentives to visit them.
Reserved parking, free drinks, appetizers, meals.
You name it, the bigger the caravan gets, the better the incentives.
We should be able to choose where we go next based on those incentives.

To make this happen, we need a large group. Please join us.

We have a Facebook group page now. Please click on the below link and join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/247700768688142/

We'll use it to share photos with one another, share Tesla tips, post upcoming events, and whatever else everyone wants to post.

Thanks goes to Psychogenesis for creating that for us.

We would like to get more Teslas in the caravan. Please join if you can participate in the event.

1st Houston Tesla Meetup & Caravan this Saturday.

Let's show Houston our Teslas!
If you think your Tesla gets a lot of attention, can you imagine what a train of Teslas will do?
We plan to gather at Fry's SW and Caravan to Top Water grill. Please join us. You don't need to have a Tesla to join in.

Meetup Details;
When: Saturday, July 20,2013
Where: Fry's Electronics Southwest, 11565 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77031
When: 3:30 p.m.
Caravan drive: 4:00 p.m.
Arrive: 5:00 p.m.
Destination: TopWater grill 815 Avenue O, San Leon, TX 77539

Please PM me if you are joining us.

Just for clarification, the meetups are meant to be an additional avenue for Houston Tesla owners to get together and not to replace the C&C event.

1st Houston Tesla Meetup & Caravan this Saturday.

Let's show Houston our Teslas!
If you think your Tesla gets a lot of attention, can you imagine what a train of Teslas will do?
We plan to gather at Fry's SW and Caravan to Top Water grill. Please join us. You don't need to have a Tesla to join in.

Meetup Details;
When: Saturday, July 20,2013
Where: Fry's Electronics Southwest, 11565 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77031
When: 3:30 p.m.
Caravan drive: 4:00 p.m.
Arrive: 5:00 p.m.
Destination: TopWater grill 815 Avenue O, San Leon, TX 77539

Please PM me if you are joining us.

Just for clarification, the meetups are meant to be an additional avenue for Houston Tesla owners to get together and not to replace the C&C event.

Please let Tom know how many will be in your party; so, he can give the restaurant a reasonable estimate. My wife is riding with me.

Even if you prefer not to eat, please consider meeting and being part of the caravan. We will group the Teslas together and the other cars just behind the Teslas. We encourage participation even if you don't have a Tesla. We would also like some roadsters in the caravan!

We had a really fun event starting at Fry's on SW freeway. We drove to San Leon in a Caravan to dine at Topwater Grill. We hope to get more participation at our next event. Meeting everybody was great. The caravan was a fun way to get to the restaurant. We had difficulty getting photos because we generated crowds that wanted to inspect the Teslas as we were trying to get photos. The Teslas were a huge hit at the restaurant.

WP_20130720_021.jpg

Glad the meeting went well and if I weren't in Hong Kong on the day, I definitely would have been there. (I'm not sure if I would describe it as the first meeting outside of Coffee and Cars--we had 15 or so folks show up to Buffalo Grille back in March 2013.) It does show we need to keep doing more things--I keep hoping that we'll get the announcement soon about Texas SuperChargers and we can schedule a run out there for that. At the Buffalo Grille event, we solicited ideas, and the following items were returned:

Drive to Winery / Dinner (probably Messina Hof in Bryan) - and the three Teslas in College Station could join us.
Joint Meetup with Austin Tesla (Halfway)
Service Center Party
Texas Motor Speedway (we have the contact details for the person to arrange it)
Represent Tesla at green events (so far we've done quite a few including Air Alliance Earth Day, MIT Alternative Fuels, and a school event)

Always open to other things folks want to do. We also started the Google Group since a number of people said they didn't have Facebook. That way people could subscribe to email as they wanted. Probably best we keep using all forums (Tesla, TMC, Google Group, Facebook) but I do worry about the duplication.

Last edited:
Glad the meeting went well and if I weren't in Hong Kong on the day, I definitely would have been there. (I'm not sure if I would describe it as the first meeting outside of Coffee and Cars--we had 15 or so folks show up to Buffalo Grille back in March 2013.) It does show we need to keep doing more things--I keep hoping that we'll get the announcement soon about Texas SuperChargers and we can schedule a run out there for that. At the Buffalo Grille event, we solicited ideas, and the following items were returned:

Drive to Winery / Dinner (probably Messina Hof in Bryan) - and the three Teslas in College Station could join us.
Joint Meetup with Austin Tesla (Halfway)
Service Center Party
Texas Motor Speedway (we have the contact details for the person to arrange it)
Represent Tesla at green events (so far we've done quite a few including Air Alliance Earth Day, MIT Alternative Fuels, and a school event)

Always open to other things folks want to do. We also started the Google Group since a number of people said they didn't have Facebook. That way people could subscribe to email as they wanted. Probably best we keep using all forums (Tesla, TMC, Google Group, Facebook) but I do worry about the duplication.

Oops. Sorry. None of us knew about the March meetup. Had my Tesla big head :)
All of those destinations sound good to me.
BTW, we nominated you as coordinator for the next meetup.

We are using Facebook because it has the most flexibility for events and communication.
Psychogenesis (Madhu) has accepted the responsibility for the Facebook page and has been mirroring key information to TMC, and Tesla forums. Would you like that service to Google too?

Here are some pictures from our Houston Tesla Club meetup on 7/20.
9375266300_2462e5bd6f_z_d.jpg

We gathered at Fry's in Southwest Houston.
9375243020_99caf9f774_z_d.jpg

9375243144_8a531913ba_z_d.jpg

9375266002_185d88a662_z_d.jpg

Thanks to John Gray "The opti-coat Guy" who showed up greet us and give away bottles of detail spray.

Then we caravan for an hour to the restaurant. People were waiving and snapping pictures. We snapped pictures of each other too.
9375243212_539d95bfd3_z_d.jpg

9375243262_cbef161b82_z_d.jpg

We arrived at Top Water Grill in San Leon (a little past Kemah).
They blocked off the peninsula just for our Teslas.
9375243314_6684399a80_z_d.jpg

9375266110_f14a3f1c35_z_d.jpg

9375282666_ba951be4ee_z_d.jpg

We couldn't resist the photo op. We lined up the Teslas for these great pictures.
9375266236_c6f6a2d2f2_z_d.jpg

9375266342_49b0e0cd25_z_d.jpg

9375282508_67fe2a05b1_z_d.jpg

There was a lot of interest for sure. People kept getting into the picture.
We finally had to give in and gave them a full demonstration.
9375523638_337b6fa598_z_d.jpg

Our Teslas were in prime view from the restaurant.
9375523722_9401dcceed_z_d.jpg

9375282794_18e47b89ec_z_d.jpg

The food was delicious and we talked Tesla for hours.
9375282742_96c477f40d_z_d.jpg

We had a great time and we hope to have many more Tesla meetups.

A special thanks to Top Water Grill for accommodating our Tesla Club. Topwater Grill, The Ultimate Dining Experience From Houston To Galveston.

Last edited: