Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How about an easier way to embed a Twitter post in a thread?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AEdennis

Jul 23, 2013
i seem to always have to figure out how to insert a tweet I've seen, from screenshots, etc...

Other fora support this function in the Media URL function.

Tesla and Elon communicates to the community via Twitter a lot and it would be helpful to be able to embed tweets easily in TMC.

Could we use BBcode for this? There is already a few of the other socials with BBcodes enabled on TMC. great to add Twitter

I believe there are scripts to auto detect URL and auto embed too for a cleaner look. Admin can always restrict which sites have this functionality.

Reactions: mblakele
I've never personally liked embedding of tweets on other sites. Too often a tweet will be embedded somewhere, and later deleted (or otherwise become inaccessible due to a name change or whatever), which deletes if from the third party site as well (probably removing context in the process).

I generally prefer screenshots along with a link to the tweet, to preserve them regardless of if they're deleted, and provide a reference to validate the screenshot as long as the tweet exists.

Plus embedding tweets has all of the usual tracking/privacy implications related to doing so, since now the users of the forum are also hitting Twitter servers when browsing here.

Last edited:
Any thoughts from the site owners?

great to see see UI like this for those not on Twitter

E276FC57-E026-4F02-8480-C63281C96993.jpeg

C31C5C1D-F1D3-410E-AB08-02A8F5337924.jpeg