Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How bad are you scraping with 1 to 1.5" drop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to lower 2022 M3P. LIkely going with MPP Comfort adjustables. This is my daily driver so just curious how bad/annoying the scraping is with 1" to 1.5" drop?
My previous Audi S5 is on coilovers and pretty low. Settled over a few years and I never raised it to compensate.
Pretty much have to angle every mildly steep driveway and speed bump and still scrape often so I know the drill.

Looking to minimize some of that hassle with the Tesla but I know I have the long wheel base working against me.
Still want to go low enough to get the aesthetic I'm looking for.

Will continue to search but please do chime in and/or show me pics of your car and how far below stock you are and how manageable it's been.
Much appreciated.

I have a 2022 M3 RWD on MPP Comfort Non-adjustables. I'm not sure exactly how much lower than stock I am but I think around 1.5" (although I believe stock height M3 is higher than M3P stock height). I have about a 1.5-2 finger gap between fender and tire. In terms of drivability and scraping, I haven't scraped once and drivability is very easy at this height. I'd be comfortable going even lower. IMO, stock M3 bumpers have plenty of ground clearance compared to other cars. Although I do come from driving pretty slammed cars

Not sure how much I'm dropped but more than 1" for sure. The biggest problem is scraping right in front of the rear wheels when cresting over things or leaving parking garages with a decent lip to go over, my little aero flaps in front of the rear wheels are getting ground down pretty good. I've never scraped the front.

1666274150195.png

1666274035295.png

1666274402703.png

1666274511724.png

Last edited:
Thankfully these cars have very little overhang, so the main place you'll scrape is the middle of the car or the lift points when you drive over a big speed bump. The initial height settings in our Comfort Adjustable setup instructions are for a mild drop which we based on customer feedback. It used to be spec'd for more of a drop, but some customers ended up raising their car afterward. I usually advise starting with a mild drop, then if you are able to live your daily life without scraping, you can go lower!

Thankfully these cars have very little overhang, so the main place you'll scrape is the middle of the car or the lift points when you drive over a big speed bump. The initial height settings in our Comfort Adjustable setup instructions are for a mild drop which we based on customer feedback. It used to be spec'd for more of a drop, but some customers ended up raising their car afterward. I usually advise starting with a mild drop, then if you are able to live your daily life without scraping, you can go lower!
I’m also on MPP comfort adjustable coilovers and originally lowered mine about 1”. I didn’t have issues scraping until it started to settle. I only scrape in the middle of the car and my plastic pieces now have a gap.
2CEA264E-98D3-4875-8FFE-1E8116F9F338.jpeg
85DBD601-F77E-4C99-A873-F1B40047D85F.jpeg

Not sure how much I'm dropped but more than 1" for sure. The biggest problem is scraping right in front of the rear wheels when cresting over things or leaving parking garages with a decent lip to go over, my little aero flaps in front of the rear wheels are getting ground down pretty good. I've never scraped the front.

100% same thing for me - though I am on air. Biggest thing is what SK360 said. Also the wheelbase is quite long so do you have to cut sideways really good at big speed humps, or angle in really good for steep alley's/driveways

Like others have said, I've only really scraped the middle of the car a couple times on tall speed bumps or on driveways that dip back down after entering them (but never the front of the car). If you already have experience driving a lowered car, you already know the drill = slow down and angle in/out/over everything.

MPP Sports Coilovers + Unplugged Performance front lip;

Previous (2018) Audi S4 lowered with KW H.A.S. springs (surprisingly I never scraped this car on anything);