Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I create or access HDMI input?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried searching for this and all I found were apple carplay threads. There should be a way to fully utilize the screen using an "HDMI input kit" or existing HDMI input. It is unlikely that the screen interfaces with the car's computer using a non-standard interface, so there should be a way to access display port, HDMI, or something similar.

For anyone still interested in this please take a look at my previous post on a similar thread.

Upvote 0
For anyone still interested in this please take a look at my previous post on a similar thread.

What? Is there a link of something to buy? What do you mean HDMI interface that's so vague

Reactions: HelloJP
Upvote 0
I didn't want to be so obvious but there you go. Honestly for just about the time it took you to reply, you could have easily found the product by just doing a simple google search for model 3 hdmi interface.
Here's the link (I think)..

Last edited:
Reactions: dandiggz
Upvote 0
just noticed you are also the only review on the site.. thats weird
Are you serious? You find that weird? I have no affiliation with this company. I live in the US and they are in Hong Kong. Its a new product, its $499 and not legal in some places. People are not necessarily jumping out of their seats to buy one and review it. Nobody is forcing you to make a decision sir. I'm just adding my 2 cents. Do what you please.

Upvote 0
Are you serious? You find that weird? I have no affiliation with this company. I live in the US and they are in Hong Kong. Its a new product, its $499 and not legal in some places. People are not necessarily jumping out of their seats to buy one and review it. Nobody is forcing you to make a decision sir. I'm just adding my 2 cents. Do what you please.
what? i wasnt insuating you are affiliated.. just find it weird theres only one review and you just copied it from your post.. i mean theres like 5 million teslas out there and only 1 review is what i find weird.. maybe some more will pop up soon it looks like a great option.. i wish it ran from just the camera feed but this is a pretty good alternative

Upvote 0
what? i wasnt insuating you are affiliated.. just find it weird theres only one review and you just copied it from your post.. i mean theres like 5 million teslas out there and only 1 review is what i find weird.. maybe some more will pop up soon it looks like a great option.. i wish it ran from just the camera feed but this is a pretty good alternative
I get your concern. I would suggest checking out the few install videos on this. It helped me make the decision to purchase.

Upvote 0
My comment was removed and seems like appleguru got banned. I simply stated that his product was oddly similar to the one sold on evoffer. I asked who ripped off who. I guess my question was answered lol. I am reaching out to evoffer to get to the bottom of this. In the meantime be very careful spending your money. Lots of fake people selling fake products out there. I would stay away from this site for now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My comment was removed and seems like appleguru was banned. I simply stated that his product was exactly like the one sold on evoffer. I asked who ripped who off. I guess my question was answered lol. I am reaching out to evoffer to get to the bottom of this. In the meantime be very careful spending your money. Lots of fake people selling fake products out there. I would stay away from this site for now.

Vendors trying to sell products here need to get a vendor account. There have been well known accounts that were banned for similar violations. Also, astroturfing is a fair common tactic employed by vendors.

• Helpful
Upvote 0
I asked who ripped who off. I guess my question was answered lol.
Not likely. He probably got banned for offering items for sale on the forum without paying for a vendor account. It likely has nothing to do with who created the kit. (Where I would likely say that @appleguru was likely the original creator, or at least involved from the start.)

• Informative
Upvote 0
Makes sense. But then why was my comment and the person who purchased comment get removed? Is this a warning for engaging with him!?
Comments frequently get swept up in the cleanup. Mods may sometimes send a note in this regard or they will note it publicly if it's a large cleanup. Mods typically don't have the time to break out all the comments or clean it up manually, so any interactions will get swept up also.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
(moderator note)

Im the mod who moved the original conversation, and it had nothing to do with who was reselling what, etc. It was simply what @danny stated (discussing products for sale here without being a vendor on TMC).

Other posts mentioning sales by the non vendor account would have also been part of that clean up. There wasnt any other implication, etc ment, and sorry if some got that specific impression.

Upvote 0