Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I fix my front bumper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, our new-to-us X had an imperfection from when we purchased it - the front bumper is popped out from one of the tabs. It doesn't appear that anything is broken in there, but I'm not sure how to put it back. Any advice on how to do this?

1628466059287.png

Half the trim parts on the X are held down by clips, tabs, adhesive, or just good intentions. I showed a similar issue to a technician while I was at a service center (for a different issue) and he literally pulled it apart with his hands, repositioned something, and put it back together by hand (putting his shoulder into it for a big final shove) and it has stayed fixed ever since, even without the actual clip that was needed.

So if yours is like mine, my recommendation would be go in to the service center on some other pretext, then point out this issue at the very end, ie *after* you've paid and they give you the keys at pickup. If you simply must point it out in advance, it's still entirely possible they'll fix it for free ("goodwill") as long as there's some other job you're doing at the same time they can charge you for.