Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I find if I have staggered wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At no point was anyone talking about what Tesla sells now. If you scroll up and read posts #1 through #5, you can see that the discussion is entirely about the OP's P90DL he bought in 2015. You're the only one talking about what Tesla is selling now which is irrelevant to the conversation.

Also, you wouldn't know this, but only up until recently did Tesla stop selling square set of 21" Turbines.
I dont give a damn whether you think its relevant or not. Its relevant to me.

I just bought a used 2017 100D AWD and I’m confused about tire size. I know this is an old thread but I have 21” turbines and on door panel it says 245 front and 265 rear. So t thought I have staggered but when I looked at tires they are 245 all around and the wheels measure the same. I guess a previous owner must have changed the wheels on rear.

I just bought a used 2017 100D AWD and I’m confused about tire size. I know this is an old thread but I have 21” turbines and on door panel it says 245 front and 265 rear. So t thought I have staggered but when I looked at tires they are 245 all around and the wheels measure the same. I guess a previous owner must have changed the wheels on rear.

To be sure which rims you have, you need to view the backside of the rim and look for the 8.5 or 9.0 stamp.

If they’re 21” turbines I don’t think the 245 tires would fit.. or if they fit, they’re out of spec for the wheels.
If 245s fit the 9” rims, then there would be no need to swap rims to de-stagger the wheels, just swap tires, but I’ve never heard of that being possible with the 9” Turbine rims.
Makes me think the previous owner swapped rear wheels. It’s only 1/2” so 245’s would Mount. But they would bow out 1/4” on each side.

I don't think so. I looked into this when I wanted to de-stagger, and the 245s on the 9" rims was not within spec for the tire. It might physically fit on the rim, but it wouldn't be safe according to the manufacturers specifications (dependent on the tire, of couse).
Yes it definitely wouldn’t be within specs and would look stupid. Low riders do it all the time and I see it done a lot on lowered cars.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I don't think so. I looked into this when I wanted to de-stagger, and the 245s on the 9" rims was not within spec for the tire. It might physically fit on the rim, but it wouldn't be safe according to the manufacturers specifications (dependent on the tire, of couse).
If you go to the “show off after market wheels” thread the first thing you will notice is 245’s put on 9” wheels and 265’s put on 9.5” so yes they fit.

Wait, you want to now stagger the wheels? There's really no noticeable difference with staggered rims in normal street driving, they're mostly for bragging rights/marketing. They really only make a slight difference at the edge of adhesion when tracking a car (unless that's what you want to do).

The benefits of being able to rotate the wheels/tires front to back (IMHO) FAR outweigh any perceived benefit of staggered rims.

I’m not
Wait, you want to now stagger the wheels? There's really no noticeable difference with staggered rims in normal street driving, they're mostly for bragging rights/marketing. They really only make a slight difference at the edge of adhesion when tracking a car (unless that's what you want to do).

The benefits of being able to rotate the wheels/tires front to back (IMHO) FAR outweigh any perceived benefit of staggered rims.
Not going to. It’s not worth it. Just disappointed