Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I know if my battery is NCA or NCM?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way I can find out the exact battery type in my car? I tried VIN decoder but that's not very detailed. I haven't received delivery of the car yet, just trying to do a bit of learning before it arrives. It's a certified used 2020 Model 3 LR AWD right hand drive.

Is there a way I can find out the exact battery type in my car? I tried VIN decoder but that's not very detailed. I haven't received delivery of the car yet, just trying to do a bit of learning before it arrives. It's a certified used 2020 Model 3 LR AWD right hand drive.
Did the car come from the US plant or the China plant? If China, no car there so far has used a NCA battery. It appears only Panasonic makes those. If US, in those years, it was all Panasonic NCA.

Upvote 0
Is there a way I can find out the exact battery type in my car? I tried VIN decoder but that's not very detailed. I haven't received delivery of the car yet, just trying to do a bit of learning before it arrives. It's a certified used 2020 Model 3 LR AWD right hand

Did the car come from the US plant or the China plant? If China, no car there so far has used a NCA battery. It appears only Panasonic makes those. If US, in those years, it was all Panasonic NCA.
According to the VIN it comes from Fremont, California.

Upvote 0