Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I get replacement doors for my Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was hit in a low speed accident in a parking lot that damaged both driver's side doors on my Model Y. All structural components are fin but I need both door shells, a handle and one window. My "non-preferred" repair shop cannot get parts from Tesla. Tesla will not call him back. I may have to resort to used parts. Any suggestions?

They only have used ones but I may have to go there. The biggest problem is that State Farm does not have a Tesla certified repair shop in our area and the certified shops are 3x to 4x what my guy will charge and there is no guarantee that SF will cover it. (oh and I have to sign an agreement that I will pay any difference in addition to my deductible)

Upvote 0
Have you tried just ordering the parts yourself from the parts department at your local Tesla Service Center? We've been able to buy most things there.

Alternatively, if you can provide the part numbers, we could look them up and see how much they would cost from Tesla.

Reactions: KJD
Upvote 0
Have you tried just ordering the parts yourself from the parts department at your local Tesla Service Center? We've been able to buy most things there.

Alternatively, if you can provide the part numbers, we could look them up and see how much they would cost from Tesla.
Thanks for your reply. We have tried by phone multiple times but no one calls back. I think I'll go in person to the Service Center and see if I can order the parts as an Owner. I have the costs from the MOTOR CRASH ESTIMATING GUIDE. I assume they are pretty close. It's finding someone I can order OEM non-structural parts from that we are struggling with! As an investor, I hope this doesn't become typical or it will definitely hurt sales.

Upvote 0
Now if you're looking to stand out from the crowd...

• Funny
Reactions: gtae07
Upvote 0
Now if you're looking to stand out from the crowd...
LOL, does it come with new doors?

Upvote 0
Based on your location, here are a few options that may be able to order the parts and do the repair.

1687381133864.png

Upvote 0
I was hit in a low speed accident in a parking lot that damaged both driver's side doors on my Model Y. All structural components are fin but I need both door shells, a handle and one window. My "non-preferred" repair shop cannot get parts from Tesla. Tesla will not call him back. I may have to resort to used parts. Any suggestions?
Try this link: Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

Upvote 0