Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I turn the screen back on after it times out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After sitting in my Model 3 for about 30 minutes or so (without engaging with the screen), the screen will turn off but the car is still on. For example, pressing the mic button still makes a beep noise or the climate control stays on if it set it to stay on.

The only way I have figured out how to wake the screen is to either receive an incoming call to my connected phone, to reset the screen by holding down both steering wheel buttons, or to crack the door open.

Resetting the screen takes forever. Incoming calls obviously isn't a good fix. Cracking the door just seems tacky and like Tesla had to make a better screen wake protocol that I'm just not getting. I suspect there is a simple solution to this, but I can't find it anywhere I have looked. Please lmk if you know of a simpler way.

After sitting in my Model 3 for about 30 minutes or so (without engaging with the screen), the screen will turn off but the car is still on. For example, pressing the mic button still makes a beep noise or the climate control stays on if it set it to stay on.

The only way I have figured out how to wake the screen is to either receive an incoming call to my connected phone, to reset the screen by holding down both steering wheel buttons, or to crack the door open.

Resetting the screen takes forever. Incoming calls obviously isn't a good fix. Cracking the door just seems tacky and like Tesla had to make a better screen wake protocol that I'm just not getting. I suspect there is a simple solution to this, but I can't find it anywhere I have looked. Please lmk if you know of a simpler way.
Step on the brake.

Upvote 0