Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how do you fill washer fluid with no spills

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought one of these for $7 and change on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Wilmar W219 Funnel with 12 Flex Spout: Automotive

funnel.jpg

I haven't used it yet, but I'm guessing it will be an improvement over the more basic funnel I had used in the past.

Reactions: Tezzie
I bought one of these for $7 and change on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Wilmar W219 Funnel with 12 Flex Spout: Automotive

View attachment 101557

I haven't used it yet, but I'm guessing it will be an improvement over the more basic funnel I had used in the past.

And it could double as an ear trumpet. :)

- - - Updated - - -

LOL to the thought of putting distilled water in my windshield washer reservoir (here in Canada) - it would be useless for the next 6-7 months! :)

I've just "gone for it" when pouring in but always spill so I then use a rag to clean up. Kind of silly that the ONE AND ONLY fluid we need to access is located in such an awkward spot.

Where else might it have been put? It has to be up front near the windshield, it would require an awkward lean (especially for short people) to reach it in the center, and the passenger side is taken up with the battery and first responders emergency power cutoff access.

• Funny
Reactions: Tezzie
It would be helpful to know the capacity of the windshield fluid container for when you're mixing up wiper fluid from concentrate. I use the BMW stuff sold on Amazon, but lots of folks swear by RainX. It doesn't freeze here in Southern CA, so I don't use anything with anti-freeze in it. I heard it's good to use something else besides water, even vinegar, to prevent algae growth which can clog the wipers.