Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you find the battery % figure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi we have just picked up our first Tesla and had our first supercharger stop. I assumed that there was a battery capacity % figure that shows somewhere so you know when you have reached it and can drive on!? Cant see this anywhere. Can anyone help? A better route planner tells us we need to charge to 82% at our next stop but how do we know if we cant see the battery % figure anywhere? I am sure this must be somewhere but any tips on where to find this would be appreciated? Thanks.

Model-3? Its top right of the screen - an icon that looks like a battery. Click on the battery icon to bring up the battery screen.

Put your next destination into SatNav and then go to Energy Graph, and that will show you what your arrival %age will be - I wait until I have, say, 20% predicted on arrival. Adjust for taste :)

If you already have a trip in SatNav then you have to press "continue trip" (i.e. before you actually have enough charge) and then the Energy Graph will show you the state for the next leg; that will start off with predicted arrival being negative, but the graph-line will move up as the battery %age SoC increases.

You can also use the APP to see battery SoC %age - e.g. if you wander off to have a coffee whilst it is charging.

This is first image I found, its for USA / LHD, so I've swapped left-to-right, but it should look similar to this

M3Charge01.gif

Just on the off chance that your screen is mucked up for some reason, then you can press and hold both scroll buttons, on steering wheel, to reboot the screen (that won't stop charging, it will just restart the "screen display")

When you are actually charging, you can see the % of battery on the screen. If you want to see when you are not charging, you could go to the Display screen and toggle the switch from Distance to Energy. Then instead of 150 miles it will be like 48%. I am not 100% sure about the names, but you should be able to figure out which toggle.

I prefer to let the car complete the charge rather than cancel it, that way you know you cave completed on a whole % boundary - useful if trying to estimate full charge my means such as TeslaFi battery report.

The car itself doesn't have a % set limit so setting % in car is a bit hit and miss. But app does show it once moving the slider, or, as I normally use, TeslaFi - when charging overnight, I try and keep as much as possible to cheap rate window by setting % limit at +11%.