Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does Ohlins compared to other cars with good suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been digging through a lot of threads, looking at suspension upgrades like Ohlins grand touring, MPP comfort non-adjustable, and other brands. But I can't find anyone comparing the end result to other cars like Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Model 3 with adaptive or even Model S/X with air suspensions. Could anyone give me some ideas on how big of an improvement it is? It's a costly upgrade and recently found out you'll have to rebuild the suspension which would almost cost the same as a brand new set, so I would like to get a sense of the comfort and handling level improvement I would get before dropping big dollars. I don't personally know anyone who upgraded their Model Y suspension, so any data points are appreciated!

Reactions: Hank101
Your question is so broad, there's not a definitive answer. There's no such thing as a side-by-side analysis of the cars you're comparing to the Tesla. Each manufacturer of after-market suspensions have access to a few test vehicles, but no one could afford a barn full of vehicles for comparison purposes.

Interpreting suspension characteristics is so subjective that it dooms any comparison anyway.

We're all acting as beta testers for Ohlins, MPP, UPP, Tesla "comfort suspension" changes.

Upvote 0