Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does the car know the wiper fluid is low?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we are on the topic of windshield wiper fluid, I am curious if anyone has a problem with the blue stuff spattering on a white car? I am awaiting my pearl white one and saw a YT video of it being quite messy and having to spray clean around the windshield after using the wipers. Is this the case for anyone?

I’m sure it will be. I notice it on my BLUE car. Thankfully a lot of it will dry clear even if it initially looks deep blue when wet and running up the sides/roof from the wind...

I've had my car almost 2 years with 20k miles and on my 2nd winter but still haven't had to refill which is surprising. Coincidentally I just bought a gallon yesterday thinking it should be time to refill it.
Only been at the Tesla service center once for a camera swap over a year ago so I know Tesla hasn't refilled it. I guess I just like to drive with a dirty windshield without knowing it:)

When mine ran dry last winter, it swallowed almost an entire gallon of washer fluid. Surprisingly, no warning came on saying I was low or out, it just stopped spraying. Compared to other cars I've owned, the Tesla fluid capacity seems quite large. I don't think its actual use is any more or less than other cars, it just holds more, so I need to fill it less often.