Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How good of a deal is Performance AWD for 50k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the local one has a number of cars without the visible performance elements. Standard 18 wheels, red brakes, etc.
However these are performance models that are not used and have not been demo cars.
So my choice is performance for 50.9k (non white)
AWD 48.9k (non white)
RWD 45.9k

So the local one has a number of cars without the visible performance elements. Standard 18 wheels, red brakes, etc.
However these are performance models that are not used and have not been demo cars.
So my choice is performance for 50.9k (non white)
AWD 48.9k (non white)
RWD 45.9k

Did a performance RWD ever even exist?
Are these cars on a lot at a dealer and you asked for pricing on them? If not, how did you get these costs?
Are they 2018 models but never sold?

I see that, heard rumors of a new option but was not aware dealers are already selling them in stock!
Have not heard of a performance RWD option though, so still confused about that so maybe OP can clarify.

Sorry the 45.9k is the RWD non performance LR
the 48.9k is the AWD non performance LR
the performance is starting at 50k and 50.9k in non white

Apparently others are being offered the same these days.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
What do folks think on the resale value or a Performance model without all the performance elements? I'd like to keep it for a decade.. but you never know.. my last model 3 only survived 11 months before it was totalled
My opinion: If privately reselling the performance upgrade I suspect will only help and you could sell for higher than without it.
But if trading it in if Telsa does not create a true model for it, it may only get valued the same as the regular AWD model by the KBB type sources.
Gets tricky with these software options.

I do wonder and you should too ; if this would be treated differently by your Car Insurance company. That to me is much more important. They could have higher rates for the performance model and consider this one.
Along those same lines , curios if they offer this via software upgrade in a few months to AWD owners, you may be better off buying without it now and adding it then so your insurance stays the same. That is making a few assumptions though and would guess if they charge $2K at time of purchase it is probably going to be $3K option post purchase. Of course if you want it and they never offer it via software only then your are SOL.

Reactions: Scott7
My opinion: If privately reselling the performance upgrade I suspect will only help and you could sell for higher than without it.
But if trading it in if Telsa does not create a true model for it, it may only get valued the same as the regular AWD model by the KBB type sources.
Gets tricky with these software options.

I do wonder and you should too ; if this would be treated differently by your Car Insurance company. That to me is much more important. They could have higher rates for the performance model and consider this one.
Along those same lines , curios if they offer this via software upgrade in a few months to AWD owners, you may be better off buying without it now and adding it then so your insurance stays the same. That is making a few assumptions though and would guess if they charge $2K at time of purchase it is probably going to be $3K option post purchase. Of course if you want it and they never offer it via software only then your are SOL.

The insurance question is one that I will need to figure out before deciding. My rates are already a bit high, so that might be a dealbreaker.

Sure is until you have a wreak
Best case lower payout
Worst case refund of premium and insurance fraud charges.

So you gotta ask yourself do you feel lucky, well do ya ?

Uh... no.

You provided 100% of the info they asked for, accurately.

There's no fraud there at all.

You'll be paid exactly what you should be based on the actual car you have.