Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How hard is this to fix???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

VT_EE

Apr 22, 2017
Earth
I got rear-ended the other day at a stop sign. :mad: The crappy part is he hit the corner and wrecked the rear quarter panel in addition to the bumper. Anybody on this forum have any experience with fixing this type of damage? It looks to me like the quarter panel is welded to all kinds of stuff and will be a pain to repair (lots of cutting and welding involved). I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks
IMG_4608_2.jpeg

My wife got backed into in a parking lot last summer. Took 3 months to get to the front of the line with the body shop (we were picky about which one we used) and almost another 3 months for the repairs due to waiting on parts from Tesla. Over $17k in damages & it looked similar to yours (in the same general spot too). I hope you have better luck than we did.

The good news is that they did a great job. Can't tell anything happened.

Keep in communication with your body shop. If they have problems getting parts, find out the details from them and call Tesla yourself. That's what finally cleared up the delays for my wife. Apparently we have more priority than the body shops do.

Do you know what's the best number for calling Tesla regarding parts? (Especially for all those parts that has no ETA?)
I think the last resort would be tweet Elon Musk about the parts shortage? ;)

My wife got backed into in a parking lot last summer. Took 3 months to get to the front of the line with the body shop (we were picky about which one we used) and almost another 3 months for the repairs due to waiting on parts from Tesla. Over $17k in damages & it looked similar to yours (in the same general spot too). I hope you have better luck than we did.

The good news is that they did a great job. Can't tell anything happened.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m at the Tesla Certified body shop now getting the estimate (Severn Auto Body in Annapolis). They took the bumper and tail lights off while I waited for the estimate so they knew exactly what to order ahead of time. Unfortunately for me, they have to replace the entire back corner of the vehicle because the underbody was also dented. They are putting it back together now so I can drive it while they wait for parts. Sounds like the shop has adapted to dealing with Tesla to make the whole process more efficient. This is not going to be cheap for the insurance company.