Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How I got out of my lease early

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you waiting to order because you're in a lease, you might look into your options. I was waiting until April to order (when my Land Rover lease ended). However, I got an email from the dealership asking if I wanted to sell them my car early (is that a sign that it's time to order the Tesla or what?!?). It turns out that my car was worth more than the lease payoff (I didn't even know leases had payoffs). I spoke with the dealership and it's all set. I will turn in my leased car 4 months early, and end up about $4,000 ahead (they will pay off my car, give me a check for $3,000, cover my annual service that was due last week, and I won't have to pay the mileage excess I would have had turning in the car at the end of the lease).

Anyway, I guess my current car is in demand (LR4), but I didn't know this was even a possibility so I thought I'd share in case others are waiting impatiently for their leases to expire.