Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How important is an inspection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, I'm a 10-yr Model S owner (am on my 4th) and am trying to buy a model X from a highly rated online dealership. It's a 2018 X with 34k miles.

Am trying to get it inspected by a local Tesla dealer but as usual, impossible to get through to them and schedule this. Next step is to try and get the service records.

Given the car is still under warranty, my wife is saying "just buy it".

Any recommendations? How important to get it inspected?

If the dealer has access to the Tesla mobile app, you can make a service appointment through that, if they'll cooperate. Other than that, it's hard to get ahold of them. You can also try walking in to make an appt.

P.S. Tesla won't release any service records due to "privacy concerns" which, IMHO is a BS excuse. If you get the car into the shop, they might tell you major things that have been done to the car, but they might not.

Reactions: henderrj
Upvote 0
If the dealer has access to the Tesla mobile app, you can make a service appointment through that, if they'll cooperate. Other than that, it's hard to get ahold of them. You can also try walking in to make an appt.

P.S. Tesla won't release any service records due to "privacy concerns" which, IMHO is a BS excuse. If you get the car into the shop, they might tell you major things that have been done to the car, but they might not.
Thanks... ! I resolved it by going into my local Tesla service location and asking them to look up the service history. They were kind enough to look up the VIN. Without giving me any specific info, they were able to tell me that the service history seemed pretty standard with no surprises. That put me at ease.

Upvote 0