Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How likely is an upcoming price change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are still within your return window, you might consider doing that and re ordering if its actually a 5k saving.

It comes out to $4,910 + tax. I reached out to Tesla to see if there were any avenues available to someone still within the return period to get some kind of a price adjustment.

I am more surprised by his nonchalant attitude about $5k difference still at 4 days. Lol

I had already accepted the price of the car last week, so I'm not going too crazy over it. On the other hand, a drop in sticker price means the value of the car for insurance or trade-in purposes drops as well, so I am potentially losing something despite having the car I ordered. I fully recognize that this was a luxury purchase and accept that I can't justify the economics of this transaction no matter what. It's an emotional decision, one that I would make again and I'm OK with the factors considered in making that decision.

But hey, if Tesla is going to offer me an adjustment because I'm still in the return window, then I'd be happy to take it as it would make my Tesla experience that much better.