Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Long before you received your VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! I have sold my M3P and ordered a MYP white on white and was curious how long it typically takes to see your VIN?

I placed the order on 7/23 and competed all of my paperwork via online, but still no VIN.

All it says is :
Estimated delivery: -

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Thanks!

Have you submitted your payment/insurance info?

Yes, I have. I attached a pdf of my current insurance policy with my M3P Details. Also, I obtained financing through Tesla and accepted my terms. Here is what the website says for the next steps.
"We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

Who must be present at delivery?
All persons listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery. If you are trading in a vehicle, all registered owners must be present.

What do I need to bring with me to delivery?

• Your driver's license (for all registrants)
  • Copy of your current auto insurance (or proof of Tesla policy, if required)
  • Final payment (if you are picking up your vehicle in a Tesla sales licensed state)
  • Title of your trade-in vehicle. If you are currently making payments and your vehicle is registered in a state other than KY, NY, TN, MT, MD, MI, MO, MN, or OK, bring your vehicle registration instead."

UPDATE: I received a text today from Tesla that said
" We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 3-6 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday "

Reactions: Snow Drift
UPDATE: I received a text today from Tesla that said
" We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 3-6 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday "
Got the exact same text. Ordered 18 July, everything competed 19 July. LR, MSM, B/B, tow

I'm in New Jersey and the Tesla site states to upload a PDF of the insurance policy that must include the Tesla VIN. Well, I don't have a VIN yet lol. Worried that this might hold up progress of the build but hopefully that's not the case. LR, RMC paint, B/W interior, Induction wheels.

I'm in New Jersey and the Tesla site states to upload a PDF of the insurance policy that must include the Tesla VIN. Well, I don't have a VIN yet lol. Worried that this might hold up progress of the build but hopefully that's not the case. LR, RMC paint, B/W interior, Induction wheels.
No, it is added before delivery once you get your VIN and can submit it to your insurance co.

No, it is added before delivery once you get your VIN and can submit it to your insurance co.
Cool, thanks. Can't wait! Related question: does the Vin Finder chrome extension still work? I ask because i was assigned a VIN before the price reduction which of course went away once I modified my build; however, the VIN Finder chrome extension stated "No VIN found" even though the VIN was clearly listed on the page.